Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh.

Social media really has brought out the worst in folk - if your elderly relatives catch anything or even fall over their is massive risks - I lost my gran who fell over in her garden and suffered complications from it where anyone of normal age just gets a few cuts and grazes.

Yes we need to be careful but there has to be a proper debate on how this thing is tackled - not just SHUT DER LEEEGE DOWN TO STOP LFC WINNING IT which seems to be the main worry for folk.

You not catching it on the bus or crowded train to work?

The elderly not at risk from care home / medical staff who may be infected?

How you ever going to not be in close proximity to someone or something that someone has touched?

How do you prevent something airborne that has been found to potentially travel in air conditioning systems from spreading?

Or the tons of people still flying in and out from all over the world?

Close the schools? Great who minds the kids of people working and of doctors/nurses who need to be in the hospitals and GP practices?

Simply put this thing is going to go through the population regardless of what measures are in place - the only hope is a vaccine is found fast.

I don’t think you understand the theory behind “slowing down the spread”

So it’s acceptable that old people die from a man made virus
It is not a surprise that old people die. Would these have died from other causes? Was coronavirus the only or main cause of death? Were they on death's door and the virus pushed them through? Were they smokers, diabetic, asthmatics? I do not trust our government or their minions an inch. Just watched a video where the speaker, a health professional, said to drink lemon and hot water as the best protection. He also stated that most people who get it will feel a bit sick and that's it.

I don’t think you understand the theory behind “slowing down the spread”

Im all for that - but I have reservations how effective its going to be as by nature we are a social species and like to be amongst one another - look at PSG fans yesterday all stood outside the stadium they may aswell have been let in the ground.

What I will say is that I dont get the clamor to see footie shut off - best thing to do after a hard weeks graft is to watch the Blues.

I get the panic over the virus but when 80% of people only suffer mild symptons - meh think we as a free loving country will soon have to get used to a number of draconian measures.

Interesting to see how the middle classes with money on the hip cope with inevitable no travel, meals out or being able to go down the pub or sightseeing

Young lads and lasses not able to go clubbing or concerts/festivals/racing etc.
So you have no issues with the other 20% dying just so you can go to the game
I won’t judge but some might call that a rad selfish

Cancelling football games purely out of precaution is not common sense. There needs to be a very real threat to the health and safety of the people attending. Personally I don't see that threat so I'd keep as many games scheduled as possible and only cancel games on an adhoc basis where there is a specific threat.
With all due respect sir that is a totally deluded post

So you have no issues with the other 20% dying just so you can go to the game
I won’t judge but some might call that a rad selfish

Its not about being selfish its the wider issue of how a total shutdown would have on the economy - its all well and good trying to slow the Coronavirus but if it leads to mass job and business losses, thousands more homeless on the streets and a economic downturn the future may be bleak regardless.

There are a lot of factors at play here which is why the Government will take their time making these kinds of decisions - but Joel, 21 from Oxfordshire who's only tragedy in life was his Ipad breaking 2 years ago doesn't like that and will scream and shout on social media now Boris is useless and is killing people.

Its not that simple was my point.

Its just ridiculous!

How isn’t this being taken completely seriously yet?

Everyone is making a joke about Trump suspending airlines, but at least they’re acting.

Behind closed doors? Cause that’s help Rugani, and assuming of the rest of the Juve and Inter players.

Look at what happened in Paris, in Monchengladbach, fans will STILL go to the game, because they love their club.

More arsed about their business model. Play the season behind closed doors, but still wont allow a 3pm to be shown on TV lol

farcical.

Its not about being selfish its the wider issue of how a total shutdown would have on the economy - its all well and good trying to slow the Coronavirus but if it leads to mass job and business losses, thousands more homeless on the streets and a economic downturn the future may be bleak regardless.

There are a lot of factors at play here which is why the Government will take their time making these kinds of decisions - but Joel, 21 from Oxfordshire who's only tragedy in life was his Ipad breaking 2 years ago doesn't like that and will scream and shout on social media now Boris is useless and is killing people.

Its not that simple was my point.

Oh my god... not screaming on social media!

I hope the world can somehow recover from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.