Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Everton top of the league when two world wars happened- not awarded the title.

What do you think will happen if the league is cancelled due to the great toilet roll war of 2020?

I think we won the league the year before they were suspended. We were not top of the league when it was suspended.

On Peston then he said the Government are holding a COBRA meeting tomorrow were they're expected to say the containment phase has failed and we move into the delay phase, surely once the government have announced this then the games this weekend are postponed
The Italian in charge of emergency planning has said they acted too late.

Yet we have done nothing yet..

Blood on the hands of our politicians soon.

How bad would this be financially for us? Presumably Sky would be insured so would still have to fully pay out? So we would just miss out on gate receipts for a few games?

There's talk of a few EFL sides going under if they have to play too many games without gate receipts

FA apparently not properly insured for a epidemic like this

Delay is the stage where "social distancing" measures will be considered - which could include restrictions on public gatherings above a certain number of people, although this is not thought likely at this stage.

From the BBC

Seen the Juve player has tested positive. Probably just going to need one EPL player to test positive forcing the whole squad to be isolated for 14 days which will cause real problems

How bad would this be financially for us? Presumably Sky would be insured so would still have to fully pay out? So we would just miss out on gate receipts for a few games?
Interesting one because if sky don't pay the clubs why should I and millions of others pay sky for footy that isn't on anyway! And I'm guessing lots are on 12 month contracts so couldn't cancel??

Their 'title' will forever be known as The Corona Crown.

It is tainted no matter what, first because of VAR and now this. The 19/20 season was already forever going to be remembered as the most farcical and insufferable season all of time in English football. Even if they get given it, in a few years will anyone seriously being saying "remember Liverpool won their first title in 30 years and set loads of records?"

No, it will be "remember that year all the Premier League was an absolute joke and people couldn't wait for it to just end?"

The prediction is for a peak in five weeks (although this is not the current government line, but from PHE)

Public Health England are modelling for 70% of the population contracting it, 1 million needing hospital and 50,000 extra deaths, maybe more.

Everyone should start taking this very seriously. Italy is in complete lockdown and the deaths keep rising, 200 died today. We're 10 days behind Italy.
Italy does have an older population. There’s a very real target demographic for this that needs protecting

Interesting one because if sky don't pay the clubs why should I and millions of others pay sky for footy that isn't on anyway! And I'm guessing lots are on 12 month contracts so couldn't cancel??

That is a very good point. Sky will have to pay up. We would miss out on the extra revenue for our televised games.

Status
Not open for further replies.