Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure I read on twitter that even if nobody could mathematically catch the RS they don't become champions until the season has finished, so if the season is cancelled there would be no champions and nobody would be relegated etc
The Esk tweeted it, I know he gets a mixed reception on here, but he does seem to look into things

As the the fates have decreed, Liverpool will be awarded the CL championship as they are so far ahead and that is only fair. This is in the event of cancellation of games. Definition of cancellation for those unsure means games will never be played and the season abandoned. Nobody will be relegated or promoted as that would be unfair. Existing positions though will count as qualification for Europe 2020/2021. It will be left to clubs' discretion whether season ticket holders should get refunds for cancelled games. Now you know.
Who gives a flying one what they're handed? It doesn't matter one bit now.

I am sure they would find a way. Bullets in the post to the Health Minister of the Government, mass protests outside of Downing Street, all Chinese takeaways in the North West and Norway firebombed, etc.
It would be glorious wouldn't it.Just imagine the fume. How many deaths would they accept to get the title........

Scrap the whole season and everybody starts again in August if we’re clear/sorted with the virus.

To expect those teams in relegation places to accept their fate when in most leagues things are far from sorted or, to expect teams in ‘safe’ positions to take part in playoffs is ridiculous.

There will be winners and losers all round including fans but in the scheme of things it’s a small price to pay.

It’s the only fair way.

Klopp is worried by the threat which might derail his season.

His irritation showed through when a Spanish journo asked him if he thought tonight’s game should have been played.

Couldn’t just say “yes” or “ no”....he has to launch into yet another attention seeking diatribe.

Klopp is worried by the threat which might derail his season.

His irritation showed through when a Spanish journo asked him if he thought tonight’s game should have been played.

Couldn’t just say “yes” or “ no”....he has to launch into yet another attention seeking diatribe.

He made a good point when he told the Madrid journalist that if he's so worried about the spread of the virus then why hasn't he himself stayed at home? Why has he come to England and to that press conference where he can spread it?

Klopp's an arrogant bell but he shouldn't be asked questions about stuff so clearly over his head.

The virus does look like it is getting serious, and that potentially the next week looks like the tipping point. With the incubation period the tipping point may actually already be upon us it might just not have shown itself. I usually come to the match on a supporters coach............2 hours of coughing, sneezing etc I may drive to the game on Monday and give the pub a miss depending on the next few days figures

Status
Not open for further replies.