Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following is a very selfish post but one I make no apologies for.... Im just out of hospital after a hip relacement and now at homefor a few weeks to recover. I chose now for surgery for a few reasons, still late summer here and still heaps of EPL games on. In NZ we can pay for subscription and stream every game. So Id planned the next few weeks to watch every game in between topping up the tan. Playing games behind closed doors doesnt really bother me but ffs I really hope we dont get large scale cancellations. Id be bored rigid.

If they are sensible. I would love to hear the reasons if they bottle this decision. It would be a stay of execution for about a week tops.

Serious consideration has to be given.to the validity of the PL when this happens though. And I don't mean them winning the title. What about the teams in a relegation battle where a 6 pointer that should have been at home is played behind closed doors? The team they play obviously had the benefit of the home supporters in the earlier fixture. Same for us going for a European place. That kind of makes it unbalanced and unfair. Can see some legal challenges coming.

I was thinking this, it kills off the home away advantage and makes a mockery of games. You either play it under the same conditions or don't play it at all.

If they are sensible. I would love to hear the reasons if they bottle this decision. It would be a stay of execution for about a week tops.

Serious consideration has to be given.to the validity of the PL when this happens though. And I don't mean them winning the title. What about the teams in a relegation battle where a 6 pointer that should have been at home is played behind closed doors? The team they play obviously had the benefit of the home supporters in the earlier fixture. Same for us going for a European place. That kind of makes it unbalanced and unfair. Can see some legal challenges coming.
I think we're way past all those considerations now, tbh.

The incubation period ranges from 1-14 days, with average of 5 days. People are passing it on before they even know they have it

I wouldnt be suprised if clubs were privately testing players/staff for it
The players are touching elbows at the start of the game...then are practically necking each other when the team scores.

It's a shambles.

End the season. Now.

Unless you are abar 70 or have a weakened immune system I would calm down you'll likely get flu symptoms and be fine.

Scaremongering from the media thats having people stock up on bog rolls and 100 packets of hand sanitizers like its WW3 its absolutely bonkers.

But I don't want a large chunk of the 70 year olds, like some of my family members are, to be wiped out if I can help prevent it. It's selfish to just think young folk won't be majorly affected so we should just ignore it. We can still carry and spread it, even more so if we're not as drastically affected by it as we will carry on with our lives like normal.

But I don't want a large chunk of the 70 year olds, like some of my family members are, to be wiped out if I can help prevent it. It's selfish to just think young folk won't be majorly affected so we should just ignore it. We can still carry and spread it, even more so if we're not as drastically affected by it as we will carry on with our lives like normal.

Its impossible to stop it spreading- the numbers are increasing every day and will continue to do so. As with everything from the common cold to chicken pox it'll pass through the population until its run its course.

Yes people will die but people die everyday of cancer and other illnesses thats life sadly. I think when you look at the actual death rate of Coronavirus i.e. 2% estimated its not like an Ebola situation were its wiping out two thirds of anyone who comes into contact with it - I just dont see the justification at this stage to stop everyday life and everyone to be on lockdown at home.

Its impossible to stop it spreading- the numbers are increasing every day and will continue to do so. As with everything from the common cold to chicken pox it'll pass through the population until its run its course.

Yes people will die but people die everyday of cancer and other illnesses thats life sadly. I think when you look at the actual death rate of Coronavirus i.e. 2% estimated its not like an Ebola situation were its wiping out two thirds of anyone who comes into contact with it - I just dont see the justification at this stage to stop everyday life and everyone to be on lockdown at home.

naturally it's hard to stop it spreading but that doesn't mean you don't try to do so. Also it's equally as important to try and stagger the spread, the burden on our already underfunded NHS system were people to contract it all at once would be overwhelming. So precautions such as fewer mass crowds help to do this.

While I agree that the death rates amongst the general population are low,a large part of the fear is that it is 'the unknown.' For cancers and other illnesses we know, or at least have evidence based structures, in place to treat them so to compare the two is quite tough.I too don't want lockdown, I've booked in to come up for the derby next week but fear that I will have wasted annual leave and hotel bookings as it'll likely be played behind closed doors. But I'd rather that precuation is taken if it means that high risk close family members have a lower chance of contracting the disease and a higher chance of surviving it if they do.

naturally it's hard to stop it spreading but that doesn't mean you don't try to do so. Also it's equally as important to try and stagger the spread, the burden on our already underfunded NHS system were people to contract it all at once would be overwhelming. So precautions such as fewer mass crowds help to do this.

While I agree that the death rates amongst the general population are low,a large part of the fear is that it is 'the unknown.' For cancers and other illnesses we know, or at least have evidence based structures, in place to treat them so to compare the two is quite tough.I too don't want lockdown, I've booked in to come up for the derby next week but fear that I will have wasted annual leave and hotel bookings as it'll likely be played behind closed doors. But I'd rather that precuation is taken if it means that high risk close family members have a lower chance of contracting the disease and a higher chance of surviving it if they do.

My advice to people is take precaution ie wash your hands and hopefully other folk are conscious and dont cough over other people and if they are feeling run down to stay away from large public places - but for me if the derby is still on next monday I'll be there enjoying my time as I'll be out tomorrow enjoying a few beers.

For the folk on lockdown in their homes with 50 boxes of hand sanitzer and bog rolls blocking their front door more fool them imo. Could be hit by a bus on the way into town the day Coronavirus is gone why waste your life worrying.

My advice to people is take precaution ie wash your hands and hopefully other folk are conscious and dont cough over other people and if they are feeling run down to stay away from large public places - but for me if the derby is still on next monday I'll be there enjoying my time as I'll be out tomorrow enjoying a few beers.

For the folk on lockdown in their homes with 50 boxes of hand sanitzer and bog rolls blocking their front door more fool them imo. Could be hit by a bus on the way into town the day Coronavirus is gone why waste your life worrying.
likewise, agree with the sentiments

Status
Not open for further replies.