Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whatever happens with this and I'm not saying everyone should panic. They shouldn't.

But, it is not 'just the flu'.

Again, not saying it's gonna wipe everyone out. But China is still in near lockdown.

It's pretty serious, like.

Anyway, cancel the season.

As far as likelihood of dying if you catch it goes, it is just the flu.

We should have controlled the intake from Italy and Iran.

Once it left China it became impossible to control because of international travel. The chinese should have done more to prevent it spreading, instead they let people leave.

Thousands of people were flying in and out of the Wuhan area of China before it was even spotted. It could never have been totally contained in reality.

the scum regime and the appalling domestic communist face saving culture contribute to the lack of transparency, deliberately hiding this virus when it was first detected in late November. This is the main cause of world infection.

WHO, the communist puppet played a major part in downplaying the severity of this virus when it first started, is another major culprit.

Just a matter of time.
Once a Premier player contracts it and the rest of the squad are advised to self isolate games will be cancelled.

Expert just on ITV saying this usually run's its course over a 12 week period.
That takes it into June.
Season could be over in the next couple of weeks.

Just a matter of time.
Once a Premier player contracts it and the rest of the squad are advised to self isolate games will be cancelled.

Expert just on ITV saying this usually run's its course over a 12 week period.
That takes it into June.
Season could be over in the next couple of weeks.

I can definitely see the league being cancelled. The trouble is they have so many points on the board. They only need a few more weeks to see them over the line mathematically.

Nope. At least 10x as likely.

Still unlikely, but not "just the flu".
As far as I can see there is no reliable figure for mortality. We can see how many of detected cases have died, but some of the cases might still die, causing the figure to rise. There will be variations from country to country, depending on the health facilities, while doctors wil be learning more about disease management as time goes by, so previous death rates will reduce. The biggest factor, however, is likely to be the number of unreported cases because symptoms are very mild, meaning we have a reasonable figure for deaths, but none for the total number of cases.

I know it's annoying to just not know about something so important, but I think that's just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.