Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been off work for 2 weeks, starting to wonder if I might get an extended holiday the way it's looking.

Seems like a stocking plaster to me. In a few weeks this won’t have blown over, we’re still at the stage of only one manager and player testing positive, loss could be by the time they want to restart this in April. Will players train in the meantime? The window for games will just get more and more condensed too.

Most likely scenario is they'll suspend for a few weeks, things'll get worse and then they'll either suspend for a bit longer or cancel.

If no-one in a club has symptoms, then they may as well train, but again, the chances are that every club will soon have someone with symptoms, so they'll lockdown as and when that happens.

Players are young, fit and healthy, so they'll almost certainly be fine, but clubs with older coaches would do well to keep them away from training.

I work for an American Inv Company here in Dublin. All been told to work from home from today . I can see all games been off for the next 2 or 3 weeks for start. I think it will get worse in the UK as they have been so slow to react

If the league has a break, I hope the club uses it as an opportunity to start talks over transfers, there's a possibility they could steal a march on some clubs in negotiations and get some deals all but tied up, as much as they can without doing anything face to face.

Most likely scenario is they'll suspend for a few weeks, things'll get worse and then they'll either suspend for a bit longer or cancel.

If no-one in a club has symptoms, then they may as well train, but again, the chances are that every club will soon have someone with symptoms, so they'll lockdown as and when that happens.

Players are young, fit and healthy, so they'll almost certainly be fine, but clubs with older coaches would do well to keep them away from training.

That's unfairly penalising Crystal Palace, you would think.

If the league has a break, I hope the club uses it as an opportunity to start talks over transfers, there's a possibility they could steal a march on some clubs in negotiations and get some deals all but tied up, as much as they can without doing anything face to face.
That's us blues. Always take a positive out of a negative.

Liverpool fan at work is losing it. Doesn't want to talk about football and just washed his hands twice and sanatised after.

Hands red raw lol
Give him this for his sore hands , a tube of Premiere dead sea(son) hand cream :p

Screenshot_20200313-091706_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.