Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could become a Republic adopt a new flag and show some contrition.
We could also restore stolen artefacts and pay reparations were lasting damage has been inflicted.
Then we could begin afresh and create a country to be truly proud of.
Just a suggestion like.
The same flag we used in 2 world wars . Grow up

We could also restore stolen artefacts and pay reparations were lasting damage has been inflicted.
Just a suggestion like.
Not going to happen though is it. I think you would be surprised by the support for Royalty nationwide. As someone who was brought up in Liverpool and then have been to many places in England since to work.......you tend to notice less support in Liverpool but huge support elsewhere. Pockets of dissenters everywhere also but not as great as supporters. For the record I am neither here or there.

You can’t really disassociate a national flag from a nations history however much you would like to.
When you wave the Union flag whatever you may think it represents, millions more across the world and at home associate it with brutal oppression.
For many the Union flag is symbolically comparable to the confederate battle flag.
Yet throughout the world for any Royal visit the streets are thronged with Union Jack waving folk.
Of course there are protesters too , but they are by far outnumbered , just like here.

Just a suggestion like.
Great suggestion BTW.
I'm all in where do I sign up.

Do you think Spain , Portugal , France , Italy & many other countries would do the same ?
World be great to live in an ideal world.

It's surely time this thread was locked. :locked:
It was originally specifically about games being postponed, but is now no more than bickering about the rights and wrongs of the system of monarchy. Close the thread and take the argument to current affairs.
It no longer serves a purpose in the Everton forum. I don't think there has been any mention of football in the last half dozen pages.

Great suggestion BTW.
I'm all in where do I sign up.

Do you think Spain , Portugal , France , Italy & many other countries would do the same ?
World be great to live in an ideal world.
So you only consider being just if someone else does it first.
Of course we don’t live in an ideal world but surely it would be better to aspire to, and strive for, a better future than merely to supinely accept the squalid imperfections of the past and present.
Not going to happen though is it. I think you would be surprised by the support for Royalty nationwide. As someone who was brought up in Liverpool and then have been to many places in England since to work.......you tend to notice less support in Liverpool but huge support elsewhere. Pockets of dissenters everywhere also but not as great as supporters. For the record I am neither here or there.
I’m not surprised I’ve worked across the whole of Britain and the continent for that matter and experienced most corners of our island, although away from the South I would say it was more dull apathetic acceptance rather than full blooded support.
Younger generations definitely less enthusiastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.