Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What outrage have you shown mert ?

Feel free to write a letter, email or even a good old fashioned phone call to the Palace.
Maybe print a banner or Boo at your TV screen.
Or would you much rather sit back & be outraged at the lack of outrage others show.
Great idea, will give the palace a ring now. Should I ask for King Sausage Fingers or Prince Paedophile?

Great to see the good folk of this country taking back the Union Jack.
Never seen so many in my lifetime.

Back in its rightful place.

Tommy Robinson and his vile hoard will have to look for another symbol.
The flag that flew over the subjugation, rape , pillage and enslavement of millions of innocent people?
I think it is perfectly represented by Robinson and his ilk.

Yes that is the one. The ones that are waving them now who had nothing to do with the past and the ones who see it as a Flag of Britain. No shame in that
You can’t really disassociate a national flag from a nations history however much you would like to.
When you wave the Union flag whatever you may think it represents, millions more across the world and at home associate it with brutal oppression.
For many the Union flag is symbolically comparable to the confederate battle flag.

You can’t really disassociate a national flag from a nations history however much you would like to.
When you wave the Union flag whatever you may think it represents, millions more across the world and at home associate it with brutal oppression.
For many the Union flag is symbolically comparable to the confederate battle flag.
I suppose it does and as you said we cannot disassociate the national flag. Don't think we should be made to hide it in our own countries though because it offends people who decided to move to Britain to better there life.

I suppose it does and as you said we cannot disassociate the national flag. Don't think we should be made to hide it in our own countries though because it offends people who decided to move to Britain to better there life.
We could become a Republic adopt a new flag and show some contrition.
We could also restore stolen artefacts and pay reparations were lasting damage has been inflicted.
Then we could begin afresh and create a country to be truly proud of.
Just a suggestion like.

Status
Not open for further replies.