Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She literally was a geriatric.

Geriatric [noun] - An aged person.

She was 96. It is sad when anyone dies, and their family should have all the time they need to grieve. Those of us, and there are many, who never met this individual and are unaffected by their passing should be able to live our lives as normal.

I have no contempt for Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor, I do have contempt for the concept of monarchy, I am simply indifferent. As you are to the thousands of other elderly people who die each week.

You seek to paint me as contemptible because I don't conform to your idea of a "subject" but it is you who seeks to enforce an outmoded cultural imperialism on the rest of us. You can mourn if you wish but you can't and won't make me or anyone else do so against our wishes. We don't live in an absolute monarchy just yet. I very much doubt you would enjoy living in one either. Maybe give Saudi Arabia a try, you simpering bootlicker.
Look, mate, I don't have any big personal grievance agains you, and am in fact chuckling at your creative use of English with, 'simpering bootlicker'. Good work with that.

There are loads of racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive, terms that might be hidden away from with a dictionary reference. 'Geriatric', other than in a medical report, is clearly offensive, especially to those of us starting to look at being 70 as a good thing, because the alternative is us shortly being dead. I didn't attempt to paint you as contemptible, but did assert that you must be contemptuous of some others because of your clearly pejorative use of 'geriatric', regardless of how you now seek to hide behind pedantry and the dictionary. Someone whose personality (at least to most of us a pleasant one) has died. That's a sad thing to lots of people. Nobody wants to force you to grieve, but think about just standing aside and letting others do so, eh?

Ignore the idiots who claim they will boo the national anthem. They are probably tv viewers booing at their tv screen. Anyone who boos our countries anthem at the game is likely to get instant retribution. Imagine booing the scottish anthem in Scotland. You wouldn't survive the experience.
I agree they will. Doesn't make it right though.

I hate the country but I guess I'm too scared to voice it around a group. Will just be enjoying a beer instead, though on recent viewing I wouldn't be surprised if stewards ask me what I'm playing at not being up there.

I agree they will. Doesn't make it right though.

I hate the country but I guess I'm too scared to voice it around a group. Will just be enjoying a beer instead, though on recent viewing I wouldn't be surprised if stewards ask me what I'm playing at not being up there.
That's just absolute nonsense. Telling yourself that the stewards at a football game are on a Stasi like hunt for unpatriotic elements in the crowd is the equivalent of anything the paranoid "Get arrested for saying you're British these days" brigade comes out with.

Ignore the idiots who claim they will boo the national anthem. They are probably tv viewers booing at their tv screen. Anyone who boos our countries anthem at the game is likely to get instant retribution. Imagine booing the scottish anthem in Scotland. You wouldn't survive the experience.

I will be in the top balcony booing the anthem. I look forward to my instant retribution. My 9 year old will also be booing the anthem so if you wanna send any grandkids over they can dish out this instant retribution to.

That's just absolute nonsense. Telling yourself that the stewards at a football game are on a Stasi like hunt for unpatriotic elements in the crowd is the equivalent of anything the paranoid "Get arrested for saying you're British these days" brigade comes out with.
That was clearly supposed to be a sarcastic comment based on the weird situations in Scotland this week...

Look, mate, I don't have any big personal grievance agains you, and am in fact chuckling at your creative use of English with, 'simpering bootlicker'. Good work with that.

There are loads of racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive, terms that might be hidden away from with a dictionary reference. 'Geriatric', other than in a medical report, is clearly offensive, especially to those of us starting to look at being 70 as a good thing, because the alternative is us shortly being dead. I didn't attempt to paint you as contemptible, but did assert that you must be contemptuous of some others because of your clearly pejorative use of 'geriatric', regardless of how you now seek to hide behind pedantry and the dictionary. Someone whose personality (at least to most of us a pleasant one) has died. That's a sad thing to lots of people. Nobody wants to force you to grieve, but think about just standing aside and letting others do so, eh?
Fill your boots, mate, just leave me out of it.

She literally was a geriatric.

Geriatric [noun] - An aged person.

She was 96. It is sad when anyone dies, and their family should have all the time they need to grieve. Those of us, and there are many, who never met this individual and are unaffected by their passing should be able to live our lives as normal.

I have no contempt for Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor, I do have contempt for the concept of monarchy, I am simply indifferent. As you are to the thousands of other elderly people who die each week.

You seek to paint me as contemptible because I don't conform to your idea of a "subject" but it is you who seeks to enforce an outmoded cultural imperialism on the rest of us. You can mourn if you wish but you can't and won't make me or anyone else do so against our wishes. We don't live in an absolute monarchy just yet. I very much doubt you would enjoy living in one either. Maybe give Saudi Arabia a try, you simpering bootlicker.

But the reality is that the very significant majority of people in this country - whether you like it or not - ARE affected by the Queen's passing.

So each to their own eh mate? I don't see that anyone has painted you as contemptible for your view, which you are absolutely entitled to.

And yet you designate those who want to respect the Queen's passing as 'simpering bootlickers'.

Live and let live...

But the reality is that the very significant majority of people in this country - whether you like it or not - ARE affected by the Queen's passing.

So each to their own eh mate? I don't see that anyone has painted you as contemptible for your view, which you are absolutely entitled to.

And yet you designate those who want to respect the Queen's passing as 'simpering bootlickers'.

Live and let live...
Anyone who literally chooses to be a serf is, by definition, a simpering bootlicker. Raise your kids to think they are lesser than others simply by virtue of who's womb they evacuated if you like, that's your choice, my kids will be raised with the knowledge that what you earn is more valuable than what you are given. A family of layabouts and nonces will never gain my respect, nor will those who bow to their baubles. No matter whether their asinine posts are in bold or in normal font. You, sir, are a cowering fool.

Anyone who literally chooses to be a serf is, by definition, a simpering bootlicker. Raise your kids to think they are lesser than others simply by virtue of who's womb they evacuated if you like, that's your choice, my kids will be raised with the knowledge that what you earn is more valuable than what you are given. A family of layabouts and nonces will never gain my respect, nor will those who bow to their baubles. No matter whether their asinine posts are in bold or in normal font. You, sir, are a cowering fool.

Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.