Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The London prem games you will surely expect to be off, as Arsenal's game in the Europa league Thursday has been called off due to not enough police, this is Thursday
I would expect so. They also say that police will be drafted in to London from all over the country so that could impact elsewhere in the UK. I know it would not be popular and not even sure it is possible but why not hold this round of games behind closed doors and put them all on TV. At least it would get the games played

I would expect so. They also say that police will be drafted in to London from all over the country so that could impact elsewhere in the UK. I know it would not be popular and not even sure it is possible but why not hold this round of games behind closed doors and put them all on TV. At least it would get the games played

Nope, simplest answer would be to scrap the international friendlies and play the games then - they won't do it though because the FA would lose money.

United Leeds at the weekend too, that one they normally have extra police on, no chance that goes ahead even if its not in London

Nope, simplest answer would be to scrap the international friendlies and play the games then - they won't do it though because the FA would lose money.
Simplest answer would be to extend the league programme by a week, it would still be completed a week before the CL final. La Liga is scheduled to finish just a week before the CL final as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.