Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that the PL are considering moving the Chelsea v RS game to Anfield but we are at home the same day. I can’t see that happening unless one of the games moves to Saturday

I read that the PL are considering moving the Chelsea v RS game to Anfield but we are at home the same day. I can’t see that happening unless one of the games moves to Saturday
West Ham plays thursday night. They can’t play again on saturday. It will be Liverpool-Chelsea then.

Someone that has died. You might not like her/the monarchy, and thats fine. But booing a minutes silence is disrespectful, whatever the reason for it. The silence that is.
But she’s dead, what’s a little disrespect now especially considering most ppl were disrespectful when she was alive

So much anx about the postponents, yet it gives us the chance to get DCL up to speed. We were due to play Arsenal away. Nil Points. Don't understand the anx. So far 1 game called off and a melt down occurs. Poor delicate souls or totally anti - royalist, or foreign. Don't see what all the fuss is about considering the head of state of our country has just died.
Disclaimer: Dont give a toss about royal family but still cannot understand why the hatred against our best tourist attraction nor why a queens death should be treated with a meh attitude. Can understand it from non british supporters in which we have many..........wools

So much anx about the postponents, yet it gives us the chance to get Dominic Calvert-Lewin up to speed. We were due to play Arsenal away. Nil Points. Don't understand the anx. So far 1 game called off and a melt down occurs. Poor delicate souls or totally anti - royalist, or foreign. Don't see what all the fuss is about considering the head of state of our country has just died.
Disclaimer: Dont give a toss about royal family but still cannot understand why the hatred against our best tourist attraction nor why a queens death should be treated with a meh attitude. Can understand it from non british supporters in which we have many..........wools
Not the tourist attraction myth..

Whilst it is sad when anyone dies especially a monarch who did 70 years, I am a republican i'd abolish the outmoded and privileged royals who gained their wealth by birth and colonial rule tomorrow but really not arsed about this weekend being called off because it helps us recover injuries. What I do question is how cricket, rugby league, F1 and golf went ahead? Surely cancel everything or just let events happen with a minute silence or applause. If we get cancelled next week too which might be likely then it's ridiculous.

That's it for me.

I wouldn't boo either, but I predict people will. I almost think theyve engineered a situation for it to happen.
I cant believe people are so irate about it. I’m non plussed by the whole situation, she had a good innings and has never personally affected my life,but she served in the country for 70 years in a role that is probably more demanding we really know. I don’t see what booing achieves. It’s a bit pathetic if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.