Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's that important mate,stop ALL sporting events then. Not just footy
The PL , EFL, SPL etc made the decisions separately. IMO the right decision. Let the people of the country mourn. Some will not be bothered about mourning but I feel majority will. Those not from Britain or commonwealth have no say in the matter as far as I am concerned

I feel a bit weird about the sentiment here. I get it, she's the Queen and all. But...I mean, what would happen if they played this weekend? Crowds be subdued? People not show up because of their grief? Don't really get the whole idea of postponing these when next weekend are almost certainly off due to the funeral.

The PL , EFL, SPL etc made the decisions separately. IMO the right decision. Let the people of the country mourn. Some will not be bothered about mourning but I feel majority will. Those not from Britain or commonwealth have no say in the matter as far as I am concerned
What a load of balls. The Test Match is going ahead tomorrow. All rugby games are going ahead. Polo going ahead. The only ones that aren't ate footy and boxing. I wonder why?

I feel a bit weird about the sentiment here. I get it, she's the Queen and all. But...I mean, what would happen if they played this weekend? Crowds be subdued? People not show up because of their grief? Don't really get the whole idea of postponing these when next weekend are almost certainly off due to the funeral.
I don't think it is for logistical reasons, it is a mark of respect.
Unfortunately too many on here seem to be completely lacking in that department

Status
Not open for further replies.