Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond a load of serf cockneys, is there bollocks.

This is what they want the world to think.

That's the reason the games are off. The silences would have been broken up and down the land in pockets of each ground apart from a few servile club supporters like West Ham and Chelsea. They cannot have that.
There's a definite Orwellian feel to it all.

Can't even listen to the radio - stations like absolute and planet rock even playing sombre music - it's proper mental

'While the nation is in mourning'

Are there seriously people at home crying and unable to function right now? Really?
The nation isn’t mourning its just a load of attention seeking plebs across social media acting like they miss her like crazy! The last time they give her a second thought was probably her annual speech on Christmas Day which they probably never listened to anyway.

Are there seriously people at home crying and unable to function right now? Really?

Yes there are. But that's nothing to do with the Queen. Call it the cost of Living crisis or the Energy crisis. It's okay the other Liz has got this covered. She's going
to subsidise the energy companies, with tax payers money. Ensuring that their profits are not hurt.

Probably. It's a small minority, and not emotionally well-balanced, but it tends to be a noisy one.

Just the football peasants getting screwed out of their hard-earned then:

they've postponed the boxing tomorrow night now too lol
Class bias, if you ask me. The football hooligans and those Neanderthals that go to boxing matches will cause chaos if the police are otherwise occupied containing crowds, but the tea and crumpets crowd will behave themselves well enough...or at least that's the implication with respect to the thought process.

All i asked was this.

Listen, all he would have spoke about reseting is how we treat the environment and conservation. Anything else is a stretch to say the least and bordering on tin foil hat terrority.

As for the articles calling him out as a hypocrite you have the Express and the Australian Spectator. Have a look at who owns them and backs them to find out why they would want to paint the likes of Charles who champions the environment.

As for the promo video , its a promo video with random ideas. If people want to read deep into so be it.

If you want to take this privately because it's off topic then fine, must be boring for everyone else.

However you did misrepresent my comments by saying I'd made up quotes from Prince Charles, which I did no such thing (didn't quote him or paraphrase things he'd said).

Finally, the publications (2 of many) that highlighted his short private plane hypocritical jaunt to polo, were the Independent and the Express. Both independently owned.

I can understand this weekend being called off especially the London clubs even though other sports are striving ahead whilst still paying there respects.

Therefore the fixtures next weekend have got 2 take place just to avoid the fixture congestion in an already overloaded season

Nicholas Witchell said funeral wont be on a Sunday and will be a holiday. He guessed the 19th but said that was only a guess at this point

If its after next weekend then game's could take place on Sat and Sun
There will be millions flocking to London next week. They will be camping out on the streets hoping to get a glimpse of the funeral, it will all need policing. All very morbid I know, but they won't care at all about football, they will just cancel it until it's all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.