Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just glad I didn't do my FPL transfers before this was announced. And it looks like there are tons of interesting games going on in foreign leagues this weekend.

But we are a nation. (If you don't want to be in it, fine - but so long as you enjoy the benefits of NHS, fire protection state security etc, you have to put up with other stuff you don't like, just like I do). Its a sign of national respect. People in mourning don't really want to hear signs of revelry elsewhere - just as if you were at a funeral you might not appreciate a loud, raucous, singing hen party going past in your time of reflection.

Nobody is stopping our self entitlement to having fun. Just lock yourself in your bedroom and do it quietly!
All the benefits of this nation you reference were brought about by the struggles of mostly ordinary people and endorsed by an elected parliament , they owe nothing to the descendants of William the Conqueror,
As a lifelong Republican I do find it amusing how a nations leisure activities are curtailed due to the death of a sweaty paedophile’s elderly mother,

Yet if Biden, Macron or whoever Merckel's successor is in Germany died yesterday chances are their sporting fixtures would be under threat too. I personally think we should continue. Life is turning to sh it with the cost of living crisis, people need to have fun and enjoyment. If that enjoyment includes shouting at your team losing on telly or sticking £5 on Sally's Boy at the races then the public should have that option open to them. The next 10 days are gonna be like old fashioned Sundays. Is Songs of Praise still on the telly?
It really depends on how Biden went. I think natural causes we'd mostly be business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.