Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barring a last-minute decision from BT or Sky - which would be very weird given they pay for the rights and will actually have more people watching those matches this weekend - then the coverage will be as normal.
BT sports and sky sports were in sackcloth and ashes last night.

But you said that on the death of a monarch all sport is cancelled. It's not .
I said that was the plan - that's generally what the plan is, there's a huge article on it that came out in 2017 that I shared on here last night.

I also said there's cleary room for discussion/change because of what we're seeing. The fact the PL have decided to stick with scrapping the games is on them.

Their reasons for doing it are what should be considered.

Yes you’re right, but I suppose there’s always a risk of bad weather etc too and the game being postponed, not sure that would get a refund
I live a long way from Goodison. When the women's Merseyside Derby was cancelled a couple of years ago, I had to turn round and go home after 3 hours driving. That was because of the weather. I took that on the chin - you can't control the weather, and indeed it's my choice to live where I do and have to make that arduous journey to watch Everton.

I do think this weekend is a different thing, though. If it really is "out of respect," anyway. I can understand it if there are other logistical challenges related to policing, as others have suggested would likely be the case in London.

If you want to stay home and mourn, that should be your choice. Equally, if you want to enjoy what makes you feel alive, you should be able to do that.

I live a long way from Goodison. When the women's Merseyside Derby was cancelled a couple of years ago, I had to turn round and go home after 3 hours driving. That was because of the weather. I took that on the chin - you can't control the weather, and indeed it's my choice to live where I do and have to make that arduous journey to watch Everton.

I do think this weekend is a different thing, though. If it really is "out of respect," anyway. I can understand it if there are other logistical challenges related to policing, as others have suggested would likely be the case in London.

If you want to stay home and mourn, that should be your choice. Equally, if you want to enjoy what makes you feel alive, you should be able to do that.
Agree but what if you are a fan but want to mourn? You’re torn between the two,
plus Pickford, DCL and others aren’t fit for this weekend.

I wonder if sky will do a refund for the matches?

If you feel so strongly about not being a part of it, then the solution is to find a better country; and to reveal my own colours here - practically any will do. (I'm neither a royalist nor proud to be British - but I do believe in being respectful). Otherwise take this trivial inconvenience on the chin.
It's possible to be respectful and still have football go ahead.

They'll also be factoring into their decision disruptions to any minutes silence. They cant do the 'celebration applause' so they'll be bricking it that the world will be shown a different reaction to Queen Jung-uns death than the one the Establishment wants to show. It's a message they cant control. They saw that with Thatcher's 'moment of silence' requests.

Dictating what tv stations do is one thing but relying on ALL the serfs keeping schtum is beyond their control.

We'll be playing S'ton next.

Status
Not open for further replies.