Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with any of that.

The only variable is what multiple of the Princess Diana übergrief we see. We're a less emotionally repressed - and much more mental - nation than we were in 1997. It could get ludicrously OTT.
Diana's death was actually tragic too. Took in the prime of her life in quite shady circumstances.

The Queen just died of old age. It's kind of sad if you are into that kind of thing but hardly unexpected of anything.

Your last sentence is basically how I feel. It hasn’t impacted me, so why would I want all sport cancelled? Why would you?
Because it's irrelevant. It makes no odds either way.

If they played them I'd be ok. They're not though and I'm still ok.

More important things in my life than a game of footy regardless of this weeks events.

Will airlines and train companies refund the travel costs lost? If so I hope they cancel everything up to the international break so Pickford can get fit.
Probably not because the airlines and train companies are not stopping operations (as of now anyway). They don't care why you are travelling, only that you are.

The strange thing is she apparently loved sport, so arguably would be annoyed about this but who knows.
From our perspective it is one less game(maybe 2) without Pickford and more time for Dom to prove his fitness now he's back in full training

Probably not because the airlines and train companies are not stopping operations (as of now anyway). They don't care why you are travelling, only that you are.
turn up with your dog to the airport, claim they're an emotional support animal and cause a stink. Might get your flights re-scheduled for minimal cost? lol

edit: wouldn't work on the trains. you'd just end up taking your dog on a pointless journey

can we just scrap the monarchy now? or we're gonna have to go through all this nonsense again when big ears dies in a few years
I do think it will take a hit.

Some people actually liked the Queen as she seemed "alright". Most people don't like Charles so I doubt he will get the same reverence. In footballing terms Charles is basically a caretaker manager who just needs to keep the club (or monarchy) ticking over before William takes over.

He is the royal Sam Allardyce basically.

22 blokes kicking a football around for 90mins is alot more exciting to watch than the nation's media gushing over real boring insignificant stories about Lizzy though
Maybe so but at the end of the day that is all it is.

I find lots more things more exiting than footy. In fact it just depresses me now so glad in a way I get a free week.

Status
Not open for further replies.