Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great North run have cancelled their Friday evening event and will be updating on their weekend events tomorrow. Mixed responses to the news looking at their social media.

It's going to cost a lot of people a lot of money across the country at a time when lots are struggling so i can see why people are frustrated.

Iam expecting the postponment of this weekends Premier League Fixtures , also the 17th,18th of Sept.
This is of course correct and should happen, the 17th Sept the likely date of her Funeral.

Everton will not have played a Premier League match anyother competitive match until i think its the 1st Oct.
The International break.??
We then only have seven weeks i think before we break again for 5/6weeks.Starting the Premier League on Boxing.

There is no way the toughest, most competitive Football League in the World can be considered fair and competitive under these conditions.

The Premier League authorities will try to force an unreasonable number of games onto teams.
With some teams in European Competion, others in knock out Cups FA Cup, Carabo Cup the League will be impossible to complete fairly.

The consequences of relegation for the three bottom clubs beyond calculation the Premier League must consider a NO RELEGATION SEASON.For a team like Everton the conequences could ve so dire, we must present this proposal.
No, European football to keep us sharpe, the asked to play every three days or so, fit in with European Football fixtures.
When Evertons admin, Manager , ect look at oir situation we must argue for a NON RELEGATION SEASON.
Have you posted this on Toffeeweb as well? I've just read a very similar post on one of their threads, but it looks more rushed & incoherent, with the odd word or apostrophe missing, so could be someone has copied you without fact-checking.

Madness cancelling events because an old lady has died.

Look, I'm no royalist, and if it were my choice - which it ain't, of course, and never will be - I'd want the games to go ahead.

But this is massive, massive news. End of the day it's unprecedented in our times. The world's entire attention is on this and, annoyingly, will be on this for the next week or so.

Great North run have cancelled their Friday evening event and will be updating on their weekend events tomorrow. Mixed responses to the news looking at their social media.

It's going to cost a lot of people a lot of money across the country at a time when lots are struggling so i can see why people are frustrated.
This is it for me. I think it's 100% wrong to make people lose out on work, which is the real consequence of enforced mourning.

Those days are pretty much the equivalent of lockdown without furlough for those who rely on the income from these events and whatever else decides to close to "show respect".

I'm lucky I can turn the TV off, ignore all this and just get on with my work. But for some people this whole thing will be the difference between paying their rent/bils/food shop

Madness cancelling events because an old lady has died.
If the cancellations are in order to divert police resources from sporting/other events then they should just say that, rather than peddling out some crap “respect” line as if the nation should wilfully give up its favourite pastimes to honour some auld girl that I imagine the majority of us have no real feelings about either way.

It’s all just a bit disingenuous.

If the cancellations are in order to divert police resources from sporting/other events then they should just say that, rather than peddling out some crap “respect” line as if the nation should wilfully give up its favourite pastimes to honour some auld girl that I imagine the majority of us have no real feelings about either way.

Reinforces that they rule over us when it comes down to it.

It is down to 'respect', though.

There was an article years ago in the Guardian - sure it's one of their biggest ever online pieces - that detailed exactly what will happen when the monarch dies.

The fact that there's even discussion over whether or not these things will happen exactly as they plan shows there is, of course, room for stuff to change, and so they should IMO, it's 2022.

But yes, it is all down to the 'respect' that has to be paid. I've seen people saying it's archaic, and of course I agree, but at the same time what do people expect? Of course it's archaic, a monarch hasn't died in over 70 years.

Look, I'm no royalist, and if it were my choice - which it ain't, of course, and never will be - I'd want the games to go ahead.

But this is massive, massive news. End of the day it's unprecedented in our times. The world's entire attention is on this and, annoyingly, will be on this for the next week or so.

The last time this happened was 1952, so there was always going to be a bit of uncertainty over what would happen

Its the biggest news story of the year. The funeral will be one of the biggest events in British history. The media, and people generally, are gonna want to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.