Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is the right decision but I would not be confident that we would have gotten the same outcome if the roles were reversed

We sort of did when we bailed on the derby.

[Edit] Although since then the premier League have been very clear that games should go ahead even if using academy players.

There's that chance every game.

Players were already missing due to covid.

What's the threshold?
The threshold is not having so many positive tests the morning of a match that it is being publicly referred to as "a number." I think City should be forced to play with who is available but only after they've figured out who does and doesn't have it. If people who aren't isolating are testing positive then you aren't to that point and should not play.

Newcastle, Sunderland and Rotherham haven't had to either... I'm sure you'd also be pretty peed off if it was us and we had to forfeit a game?
I was referring to the Carabao Cup, where the rules are different in rounds 1 to 4.
So if a typically lower team can't fulfil a fixture, they forfeit the cup tie. If the big boys can't fulfil a fixture from round 5, then that's okay apparently.
One rule for the lower teams and a different rule for the others.

worst case scenario man city could have still fielded this side

Steffen
Bernabe
Garcia
Harwood-Bellis
Sandler
Doyle
Hernandez
Delap
Rodrigo
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Steffen, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Rodri and Garcia at a minimum all train with the first team squad and are probably exposed.

So you would like us to risk players and staff just for the sake of football. Newcastle have 2 players who have long term covid and not played for a month.

No, because the game wouldn't have went ahead once City requested the postponement. Refusing the postponement wouldn't have put our players at risk, it'd have simply put pressure on the Premier League to codify the rules.

It'd have been the smart thing to do; the thing winners would do.

So is City's match v Chelsea off too ? Surely half their squad will be in isolation and unavailable for that game .....

No, because the game wouldn't have went ahead once City requested the postponement. Refusing the postponement wouldn't have put our players at risk, it'd have simply put pressure on the Premier League to codify the rules.

It'd have been the smart thing to do; the thing winners would do.

How do.you even know how we responded

Status
Not open for further replies.