Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t see us doing it. It’s Man City versus Everton reserves. Like Man Utd they have the depth of squad for these games.
yes we are unlucky (well I think it’s more than bad luck that our key players are out, some were targeted) but that is reality.

We used to beat these every season but can’t remember the last time we did, Koeman 4-0 game?

There’s a reason why Man City are 2/5 and we are 6/1. The bookies are not stupid. The lads are going to be shattered and it would be a MASSIVE upset if you beat them.

Full strength after a bit of a rest and I’d fancy us here but In the current circumstances I’d love a draw.

Would be hard at the best of times. Next to no chance today.

not expecting a miracle. we might of sneaked a result on fresh legs but with our best players out and the others having played 4 tough games in quick succession, I’m more hoping we get out without being turned over.

One more massive effort required from dom and then perhaps richarlison could replace him for the west ham game. Whatever selection carlo picks is a bit of a gamble with so many games coming thick and fast.but I do think city are there for the taking

I can defo see that being a good shout for the defence. City haven't got a target man up front so Mina's strengths are somewhat negated and Holgate's pace will be useful against their smaller nippier forward players.

You're also right about Dom probably needing a rest. I would have thought the same would be true about doucoure who's got a lot of minutes in his legs but somehow he doesn't seem to tire.
I agree, problem is if Doucoure doesn't start who does? We have nothing else bar maybe dropping Gylfi or Gomes central but both will get the run around

3rd game in 5 days you can’t do it. There will be massive changes tonight . Mina , siggy , Dom, iwobi all out for me. My team , Pickford, Coleman, holgate, Godzilla, keano Bernie, Gomes, Davies, Daco, kenny, Tosun.

It will be difficult but its a bit like a free hit this.

The 2,000 fans present will be very important.

Keep it tight and/or get an early goal and treat it like a cup tie in which we are the big underdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.