Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
City wanted the postponement; once they had made that request the game wasn't going ahead, regardless of whether we agreed to postpone or not.

We should have forced the Premier League into the decision and claimed the three points.

People saying it's "short sighted" to do so, as it could affect us later. My answer to that is... so what? Anything that highlights what a joke it is football is going ahead at all in the midst of a global pandemic is completely fine with me.

There's no precedent for that though.

Newcastle haven't had to hand Villa the three points.

The PL made a rod for their own back and realised that when Newcastle had to postpone.

There's zero the clubs involved can do. A player or staff member could contract it by going to the shops. Imagine if it was us that it happened to? We'd be fuming if we had to forfeit and rightly so.

We needed the rest. I'm happy. I'm just gutted for fans who had tickets.

Gutted but after our December run in and the amount of time between them, it's a really good stroke of unfortunate help.

We will have Richarlison and James back for West Ham and we maybe don't have to rest DCL just yet.

Hope all the City squad are fine and have a speedy recovery but with such a big number out they may have their game against Chelsea postponed also.

Yeah it's definitely the case that Kyle Walker picked it up buying biscuits for his nan

Definitely didn't have Kieron Dyer and the Drip Doctors round at his flat or anything - Honest Guvnor
I mean if he's got it visiting his family over Christmas which is totally a reasonable possibility do we have to throw the book at City? Seems like the wrong decision to me.

We also have no idea who brought it into the City facilities to begin with. The assumption it is Walker is a tad distasteful. Could have been any of the original positives.

Man City are due to play Man Utd in the league cup semi on 6th Jan.

If they're rife with Covid, surely Man Utd will get the bye in that competition then? Like Spurs did with L.Orient?

In the cup competitions, then yes they should, to go by what happened to Orient.

Different in the league. It's up to the PL to sort it out.

If we got an outbreak you would be happy if they forced us to play our U23s?

Not a great deal of fairness involved there.
Fairness isn't the point,they have professional players under contract. Who they'd play if was Dagenham and Redbridge in the Cup

I guess it’s not the worst thing in the world to happen to us, gives us a few extra days rest and even if City had to play without some of their players, they’d still be able to stick out a decent side. The people I feel for are the fans that would’ve been going to their first game in a long time, who would’ve been spending the day looking forward to going only to hear 4 hours before kick off that it’s off

I think we'd have won tonight if the game had gone ahead. Lessons would have been learned from the United game whe we were passive early on and later allowed United to dominate us last 20 minutes when we blew ourselves out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.