Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it'd have been better to play City's U23s tonight, but there's no way on earth City were going to let that happen. There's also no way they'd have done this if they weren't certain they could simply rearrange the game, which they will. It's inevitable. Whether it's right is another question, but it will have no bearing on anything, because City will have their way. We were either playing a strong-ish City side tonight (and very likely taking a beating) or it was getting postponed and I'm pretty delighted it's the latter.

Agree mate.

That's what it comes down to.

City sought the postponement. They're no mugs.

We clearly dont want a potentially disease-ridden group of people mixing with our players and staff.

Imagine if slaphead gave it to Carlo?

City wanted the postponement; once they had made that request the game wasn't going ahead, regardless of whether we agreed to postpone or not.

We should have forced the Premier League into the decision and claimed the three points.

People saying it's "short sighted" to do so, as it could affect us later. My answer to that is... so what? Anything that highlights what a joke it is football is going ahead at all in the midst of a global pandemic is completely fine with me.

Disappointed no game tonight and actually fancied us to get something from it ... this now means beat West Ham and Wolves to make it 6 on the bounce ... play city later with rested players and stronger squad ...

just have to have a drink instead of watching match ...oh well !

Status
Not open for further replies.