Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 day break after the West Ham game. Going to really need that.

I dont know why we had to play Friday next week tbh. I know its normal for games to be on the telly on New Years day but its not ideal. At least West Ham actually have a shorter turnaround than us for that one.
normally on new days when we are on we are so utterly woeful no surprise really, only one i can remember on tv new years day we won of the top of my head was away to west brom a few mins from the end in a bad game, lucky this new years day game is 5.30 and not 12.30 like they usually are lol

We must be absolutely goosed at this point, the lads have put in a massive shift the last couple of weeks. I wouldn’t be mad if Carlo made quite a few changes against City just to rest some legs. Go at them with guts, grit and no grand expectations, let’s nick something and move to West ‘aaaaammmmm with a bit more gas in the tank

Inappropriate Language
come on, not even a draw?
Mate I'd snap your hand off for a draw, I just don't see it, The problem is we're absolutely knackered it's plain to see and we're facing a team who like to have a lot of possession with Pep's tiki taka crap, I'm not one to give up but the logic of giving Man City a free hit to rest players for West Ham makes a lot of sense.
They are a very beatable team this year but of course the league has absolutely f'd us over with giving us the least downtime.

Mate I'd snap your hand off for a draw, I just don't see it, The problem is we're absolutely knackered it's plain to see and we're facing a team who like to have a lot of possession with Pep's tiki taka crap, I'm not one to give up but the logic of giving Man City a free hit to rest players for West Ham makes a lot of sense.
They are a very beatable team this year but of course the league has absolutely f'd us over with giving us the least downtime.
Look at the city bench today.. bring in 4 or 5 of them fresh and its a huge ask

and what snapping my hand off has to do with a draw? o_O

you made some fair point, but still, for me, the draw with them looks more likely than looked the win over Sheffield today, though I do understand that is beyond logical reasoning.

Last few season I've thought we could get at least a draw against anybody

however, we always seem to lose 2-1 to these lot

Question is, who would benefit from a rest the most?

GK: no rest needed as they're rotating currently per Carlo

CB: I'd rest both Mina and Keane. They should stay a pairing while Digne is still out, so let Branthwaite come in and do a job. Mina and Keane have been our rocks the last 5 games and we should rest them to bolster their health.

FB's: I'd slide Godfrey preferably over to CB with Branthwaite, which would leave Nkounkou to start at LB, which we know Ancelotti isn't fond of. So perhaps leave Godfrey at LB and let Holgate rotate in with Branthwaite at CB. Coleman has to play RB no question as he should still be fresh enough.

Midfield: As injuries have stacked up here, I'm sure we would still see Davies. If that's the case, I'd be hard pressed to see Gomes pair with him as that offers VERY little going forward. Both have been decent in defense though. The question here is Doucoure. He's been a beast and stalwart playing so many minutes recently. While I'm sure he could do it, do we really want another hamstring situation like with Allan?

Attack: Iwobi hasn't looked run down overall, but he could probably use a rest. Same with Sigurdsson. Bernard will have to start, but that leaves us open on the right. Richy is still in concussion protocol and James isn't fit yet. Ive got a feeling Carlo will start Tosun to rest DCL.

who do you think will get rested?

Status
Not open for further replies.