Match Thread POSTPONED - Aston Villa v Everton (Sunday 17 January 12:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Everton's Number 9
James-Rodriguez2.jpg

Will it happen? What magic will Carlo pull out from his bag of tricks?

Whats our name?

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Mina - Godfrey
Doucs - Gomes
Iceland
Hamez - Rico - Iwobi​

I think Doucoure is suspended and I'm assuming Richarlison will be fit and DCL still injured.

Olsen
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Holgate Gomes Digne
James Richarlison

Pickford Kenny Brainthwaite Nkounkou Davies Sigurdsson Bernard Gordon Tosun

I'm not a fan of Holgate in midfield but think we need a defensive player in there. Would have rather had James left wing Digne left back and Tosun partnering Richarlison but can't see that happening.

Already speculation it won’t go ahead. Gives Dom time I suppose?
Yeah theres positives and negatives to it not going ahead. Positives are less risk for our players and more rest/time for our injured guys to recover. Downside to postponement is if we do play them sunday I'm sure they'll likely have a weakened squad.

All in all I think it should probably be postponed

I think Doucoure is suspended and I'm assuming Richarlison will be fit and DCL still injured.

Olsen
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Holgate Gomes Digne
James Richarlison

Pickford Kenny Brainthwaite Nkounkou Davies Sigurdsson Bernard Gordon Tosun

I'm not a fan of Holgate in midfield but think we need a defensive player in there. Would have rather had James left wing Digne left back and Tosun partnering Richarlison but can't see that happening.
Hmm, forgot Doucs was suspended....

Pickford

Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey

Iwobi Davies Gomes Digne

James

Richarlison

Subs: Kenny, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Nkounkou, Bernard, Coleman, Gordon, Branthwaite, Olsen.

Unavailable: Delph, Calvert-Lewin, Gbamin (all injured); Allan (unfit); Doucouré (suspended).

Referee: Anthony Taylor.
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn.
Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh.
VAR: Mike Dean.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

surely on current away form and them not been able to train much, this should be an Everton win, hopefully we dont turn up there as though its us that had the week off and the virus [as long as game goes on]

Hopefully no postponed because they have been given an additional 24hr which no other club has been so to pull it would set a precedent and the Premier League will make a rod for their own back.

Covid is very much so an active problem but the continuation of pulling and rescheduling games will be a very dangerous and highly risky financial gamble with a massive problem of scheduling not only clubs but with TV rights.

I can't see Sky/BT/Amazon being happy over moving dates then pulling of games with days and in some cases hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.