Possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbert..

Player Valuation: £40m
Left it until todays game, not that it would have changed.
Out of 38 league games this season i had a quick look and Two games. Just two games we had more possession than the opposition. Watford away and Burnley at home. Two relegated teams.( even they were very close) I think thats shocking.
Doesnt always mean you cant win with lower possession but you cant kick bite and scratch on a regular basis and scrape over the line on a long term basis with that.
Its clearly a midfield issue not surprisingly. Genuinely cant remember the last time we had a midfield that dominated anyone.
Is it viable to try and replace an entire midfield during the closed season. Probably not.
This for me is the absolute priority for Everton. We've got this so wrong over the last few years.

Rafael almost deliberately set up to not have the ball. As such there was little Frank could do to change that with his poor midfielder options. And as we got closer to the wire the more it became about seeing games put rather than taking it to the opposition.

Isn't just this season mate tbf. Remember some of the home games under ancelotti against fulham and burnley to name two. They dominated the game. Though i think part of that was also ancelotti felt he needed to protect the back four.

Leicester won the title with little possession.

Possession means little its what you do on and off the ball that determines your quality.

I would like us to have more of the ball but I still think we are best as a deep lying side that plays on the counter.

Ultimately we need better defenders and Midfielders to make the game plan more effective.

Inappropriate Language
Leicester won the title with little possession.

Possession means little its what you do on and off the ball that determines your quality.

I would like us to have more of the ball but I still think we are best as a deep lying side that plays on the counter.

Ultimately we need better defenders and Midfielders to make the game plan more effective.

Leicester were great on the counter attack. Esp with vardy that season. He was in his element running into the space. They played that way because they had the perfect set up to play that way which is fair enough. We play that way because we're sh!t.

So if you answer Possession on every question in the law exams you get 90%?
worked for me
1653250446019.png

Possession can mean playing one touch in your own half, wondering how to break the opposition down, as Chelsea did against us. We won and their 80% possession stats meant nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.