Positives of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be like watching a dog go back and eat it's own vomit, I'd just stop watching. *Disclaimer, I don't actually watch dogs at all, I just herd that expression once and thought it was apt, I'm more of a cat person really ?

Out of all of our managers since moyes I would probably say martinez was the most likeable. It was a pleasure having him representing us and he really got the club. But unfortunately his philosophy is massively flawed. And if we were to reappoint him I think it would be catastrophic for the club

He also took the club to court to ensure he got the full 10 million pay off from us

................AND PEOPLE WANT THIS GUYS BACK?
I mean he's entitled to the contract Bill gave him. The issue was that Moshiri didn't want to pay it as he didn't sanction the contract. Be angry at Bill. Can't be angry at a man who felt he got wrongly sacked looking what he's owed contractually. However I will say I don't think Martinez will be the manager exactly because of this. Why would he want to work for a guy he had to take to court to get his full settlement and why would Moshiri want to hire a guy who took him to court. I reckon it'll be Rooney or Dunc.

Would love to see what he can do with a Richy/DCL/Gray forward line.

I reckon we'd see 3 goals scored a game. Maybe 5 goals conceded as well though.

Marrinez guided us to our highest ever points total and he got us to two semi-finals and a quarter-final. And he did that with meagre funds. Martinez wanted to sign VVD and he wanted to sign Robertson. Kenwright told him we didn’t have the funds and got him Funes Mori instead!

If I were Martinez, I would not come after I saw this forum. At least he leads Belgium to the 1st of Fifa. Yes, the squad of Belgium is superb but it is not easy to unite the superstar. And you look at our club. The bottom half of league table and limited fund, what can we attract good manager to come? I do not support Martinez to come back or Big Dunc. but it seems we better dont expect and require too much on appointing the new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.