Poll: Your starting 11 v Sheffield United

Your starting 11 v Sheffield United

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not v Wolves he wasn't. We need an extra body in the box because there's three defenders for Sheff Utd.

We could do with Gylfi getting the crosses in (after Digne he's our best crosser by far) and Rich/Iwobi/the CF (ideally Kean) in there.

I think he'll play 100% and he'll probably do fine given the opposition.

But going forward we need to get iwobi into a central area. Even when playing wide, he naturally drifts inside anyway. We have too many players wanting to play in the same pockets.

I think he'll play 100% and he'll probably do fine given the opposition.

But going forward we need to get iwobi into a central area. Even when playing wide, he naturally drifts inside anyway. We have too many players wanting to play in the same pockets.

I don't think we 'need' to because I don't think we should have a rigid system.

Given our current rigid system is working at home but not away, I think it's perfectly reasonable to keep it at home and then - like you say - try Iwobi central (in a three as a box-to-box player could work) away from home. In fact, Iwobi's pace in the centre away would be a real positive.

But at home we do tend to get Gylfi more involved and - like we saw against Wolves - that works well.

If we were playing a team we knew would set up in a 4 at the back I'd be more inclined to agree. But given, going forward, it worked well v a 3 at the back against Wolves, I wouldn't mind us sticking with that side (I have a feeling DCL will start but I'd prefer him to be given a role in a proper three as a target man v Sheff Weds).

That's my exact team too.

But we both know it won't be that. It'll be 4231 with DCL up front, Schneidercrab in midfield.
It definitely won’t be that team, iwobi and Richarlison aren’t conventional wide players in a 442. Tosun won’t play and Coleman should be dropped he’s been awful.

what sign does that send to sidibe. It ok the guy in your position has been pants, but we are still picking him. Sidibe and his agent will be looking for a new loan come January.

Same team that started against Wolves.

We're a completely different team at home. Sheff Utd play with 5 at the back but do push on. They won't be as open as Wolves but if we can get Gylfi into those areas we can exploit them.

The changes in tactic and shape have to come away. At home, it's working.
Yes but you can’t pick a different team and formation/system every other game.

There’s no way that useless Icelandic tit even makes the squad, he can take that trumpet Bambi and go on a shopping trip

Completely kill how we play

No, the manager does (away from home) by insisting on us knocking it around the back before going long or wide, so it completely negates us having Gyfli in there in the first place.

Did Sigurdsson kill how we played v Wolves, when he got an assist and created three other chances? No.

Away from home it needs to change. At home - probably because we focus less on possession and have more confidence to push 10 yards further up - it has been working, in the main. Only game since Feb it hasn't worked in with Gylfi was Watford.

Why not, plenty of teams do it?

Maybe not the system, but the personnel. It should always be horses for courses and nobody should be guaranteed a place.
Who? The successful teams don’t, if you want consistency you need to pick the same 11 every week, in the league especially. League cup and Europa league is slightly different.

No, the manager does (away from home) by insisting on us knocking it around the back before going long or wide, so it completely negates us having Gyfli in there in the first place.

Did Sigurdsson kill how we played v Wolves, when he got an assist and created three other chances? No.

Away from home it needs to change. At home - probably because we focus less on possession and have more confidence to push 10 yards further up - it has been working, in the main. Only game since Feb it hasn't worked in with Gylfi was Watford.

He had 1 good game in 5, he’s had a handful of good games in 2 and a half years, both home and away. Any other a player would be rightfully dropped, he adds nothing to the game unless it’s going his way.

He’s a passenger and a complete waste of time. He should be nowhere near our team and we should not try and shoehorn him in for the sake of it.

People are obsessed with a very average player

I'd go 4 4 2

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne
Richarlison Davis Delph Iwobi
Kean Tosun

Subs
Lossl Keane Baines Gomes DCL Bernard Walcott

Who? The successful teams don’t, if you want consistency you need to pick the same 11 every week, in the league especially. League cup and Europa league is slightly different.

Liverpool consistently change pretty much every part of their team bar the front three. Same with City, who alternate Jesus/Aguero and the wingers (albeit with injuries they can't atm).

Spurs do it plenty.

A manager should have 2-3 systems nailed down, the players should have 2-3 ways of playing nailed down. Not just for game-to-game, but within each game too.

Liverpool consistently change pretty much every part of their team bar the front three. Same with City, who alternate Jesus/Aguero and the wingers (albeit with injuries they can't atm).

Spurs do it plenty.

A manager should have 2-3 systems nailed down, the players should have 2-3 ways of playing nailed down. Not just for game-to-game, but within each game too.

That’s clearly not true, unless injuries or suspensions hit.

11 same players made over 40 appearances last year

Status
Not open for further replies.