Poll: Sam Allardyce - yes or no?

Should Big Sam be appointed as Everton's next permenant manager?

• Yes

Votes: 263 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 736 66.5%
  • Cheese on toast lid

Votes: 48 4.3%
  • Allardyce for the rest of the season with Rhino as No.2

Votes: 60 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of message does it send when we take a manager that was not good enough for Crystal Palace?
What about a striker that wasn't good enough anymore for Manchester United?

NSNO come on lads

I doubt if they put any feelers out, if Koeman had won instead of lost his last 2 games he would still be in a job today - those 2 results in the space of 4 days showed him the door. There was simply no time to put out 'feelers' given the time frames involved.

Victories over Lyon and Arsenal might well have given Koeman a stay of execution or better... that doesn't necessarily mean that the club are/were not reviewing and considering their options.

Victories over Lyon and Arsenal might well have given Koeman a stay of execution or better... that doesn't necessarily mean that the club are/were not reviewing and considering their options.
I don't agree - you've clearly stated you haven't got any inside info in fact your only knowledge comes from a different sport entirely but are still for some reason somehow convinced that the club had more likely than not put feelers out in order to seek a replacement for the manager who as you state would still be here was it not for the last 2 defeats.

And then you further go on to say Moshiri will take his time over this appointment when it's mid season and in a relegation battle. A stretch imo.

I don't agree - you've clearly stated you haven't got any inside info in fact your only knowledge comes from a different sport entirely but are still for some reason somehow convinced that the club had more likely than not put feelers out in order to seek a replacement for the manager who as you state would still be here was it not for the last 2 defeats.

And then you further go on to say Moshiri will take his time over this appointment when it's mid season and in a relegation battle. A stretch imo.
I have no inside information as to exactly what is going on within the corridors of power at Everton currently, that much is correct.

My previous personal experience involved a head coach who was failing and the owner entrusted me with sounding out a potential replacement.
I did that, talking to three different coaches before giving my recommendation to the owner.
The club made the move two weeks later, and the rot that had set in was not totally, but largely arrested.

What I'm suggesting mate is that whilst sports clubs always do their utmost to show loyalty to the man in situ, contingency plans are not uncommon and I would be a little surprised if that's not the case even in the Premier League where managers are on long-term, huge money contracts.

I have not voted because the question posed is “should” we appoint Sam.

My instincts tell me me a resounding NO we “should” not give him the job.....but my better judgement is saying “hold on a minute, Khal.....we are deep in the mire here and Sam is a course and distance winner several times over in these conditions....:blush:

So I am voting neither yay or nay.

But what I will say is that after listening to the absolute common sense the big man talked on Andy Gray’s TV station, this particular punter will not be joining the fume happen he is appointed :pint2:

And I would most deffo have him before Dyche.

I have not voted because the question posed is “should” we appoint Sam.

My instincts tell me me a resounding NO we “should” not give him the job.....but my better judgement is saying “hold on a minute, Khal.....we are deep in the mire here and Sam is a course and distance winner several times over in these conditions....:blush:

So I am voting neither yay or nay.

But what I will say is that after listening to the absolute common sense the big man talked on Andy Gray’s TV station, this particular punter will not be joining the fume happen he is appointed :pint2:

And I would most deffo have him before Dyche.

Is moreorless a mirror image of my thinking on BFS.
Would prefer a more modern manager, but if we got to the end of November still in the bottom three, his record of survival is difficult to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.