Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it's hard to tell whether the regular posters on here are just taking the piss. We read them everyday and it's all part of the craic. "Put up and shut up". If you succumb to that, it's no longer parody. You're part of the problem.

It's tempting to draw parallels from across the park but there's no need. There's isn't one premier team who pretends to have aspirations to compete that would hire David Moyes. That's just a fact. If we need a firefighter, what is the difference between Allardyce and Moyes?

Once we get to the stage when the board repeatably make poor decisions, we're not talking about the supporters, managers or players. The decision making at the club is flawed and their inability to act in the best interests of Everton Football club. As a consequence they must be removed.
Hiring Moyes will end Moshiri's goodwill...already depleted. The fanbase will break around it like this:

70% appalled
20% seeing it as the final straw
10% resignation

He needs to bring in a decent manager or face those figures.

+ Brands', IMO.
I see people now having sympathy for Brands: they'll see him as being a bewildered figure on the end of instructions from a bizarre Jesus Gil type of chairman.

For me, if Brands wasn't clever enough to do his own due diligence on a backseat driver like Moshiri he isn't up to snuff for his job anyway. Must have been desperate for the cash.

I’d like to play devil’s advocate just for one moment. For the record, I don’t want Moyes.

But...

Isn’t what we loved about Dunc’s return at the weekend was the passion and “dogs of war” style of play? The crowd reacting, the players sticking it in, and the tenacity brilliant.

Isn’t that exactly what Moyes would bring? It’s what we had when he was here. Consider our best defence of the last decade - Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Coleman. All Moyes men, all hard as, and played the football that we want.

I hear people say we need a manager that understands what the club wants and is. This guy brings it instantly. Throw in Dunc as his assistant.

I want Ancelotti badly as it puts us on the map in a big way, makes it easier to bring in better players etc... but Moyes isn’t the disaster that it’s being made out to be.

(Runs and hides in a corner)

I’d like to play devil’s advocate just for one moment. For the record, I don’t want Moyes.

But...

Isn’t what we loved about Dunc’s return at the weekend was the passion and “dogs of war” style of play? The crowd reacting, the players sticking it in, and the tenacity brilliant.

Isn’t that exactly what Moyes would bring? It’s what we had when he was here. Consider our best defence of the last decade - Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Coleman. All Moyes men, all hard as, and played the football that we want.

I hear people say we need a manager that understands what the club wants and is. This guy brings it instantly. Throw in Dunc as his assistant.

I want Ancelotti badly as it puts us on the map in a big way, makes it easier to bring in better players etc... but Moyes isn’t the disaster that it’s being made out to be.

(Runs and hides in a corner)

What's the difference between Moyes and Ferguson?

Ferguson worked for the club for free for two years to set himself on his way as a coach. Worked his way up to a first team coach and picked up the mantle when asked. Made it clear it was about the club, not him, and that's why he wasn't applying for the role permanently

Moyes went behind the clubs back and lied to all and sundry about it so he could move to United, then treated us like something beneath him afterwards. He's been crap everywhere he went since.

If we want what we loved about Dunc's return then what do we need Moyes for?

There's some great posters on here and we all know who they are. We're all fed up and pissed, even the win at the weekend is soured by the rumours, that we all check everyday. It's time for fortitude however.

This forum amongst others is a powerful mouthpiece and they are not ignored. Sure we may not get our man but don't underestimate the influence. None of us know for sure who is the best man for the job. The important thing to remember here is, we are not the ones doing the hiring.

That burden lies on the board and whoever makes that final decision better get it right. Increasingly the spotlight is falling on them.

We are an institution in this city. A bedrock. If there is profit to be made no-one would begrudge that. Nevertheless our proud history demands respect. And there will be a tipping point.

We've fought off shysters before and we will do again.

Hiring Moyes will end Moshiri's goodwill...already depleted. The fanbase will break around it like this:

70% appalled
20% seeing it as the final straw
10% resignation

He needs to bring in a decent manager or face those figures.

Agreed. It's make or break time for him.

My point is, as it was prior Allardyce - we won't be relegated to why knee-jerk?

Moyes also wouldn't be interim, any view of "it's only for 6 months" is wrong. Even if it was correct, the damage it would do to the relationship between clubs boardroom and fans wouldn't be worth it.

Not sure, i agree with you there, i think there is a real risk we could get relegated both with the competency on and off the field. If i was that confident we wouldn't id just give it to Duncan until the need of the year. But i think we are long way off of definitely not getting relegated or at least the risk is real.

I would rather take a poop in my hands and clap then take Moyes back but there is a real possibility this happens which is terrifying. Let’s hope the Ancelotti talks are real

Moshiri really needs to put his cards on the table. Literally it's time to stop talking and walk the walk. A Moyes appointment would be pathetic. To invest nearly half a billion and your return is where we started? That's worse than a bad coke habit.

If you are serious about reinvigorating the club, appoint a manager who has a track record of winning something. Not in some two horse race league. A proven winner. Show intent that you mean business. That's how successful business operate.

Unless of course your sole reason to be here, is to sell on real estate from the dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.