Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
No

Firstly I do not believe in the reappointment of a previous manager in principle , especially one who did not leave under positive circumstances ,then after leaving Everton it went rapidly downhill from there !

It's time the board took a long hard look at themselves. They've hid behind managerial appointments and allowed them to be publicly humiliated, going as far back as Martinez. When everybody knew their time was up.

If the best they can come up with this time around is David Moyes, it's simply gross incompetence. As was the appointment of Allardyce. To hear his ex-players talking him up, tells you all need to know. Jobs for the boys, shandies all round.

If that doesn't raise red flags, we have Carragher saying he's the best we can hope for. The lot across the park are rejoicing. They know we will never compete if he rolls up.

And this is the crux. When Benitez called us out as a small club, was he wrong? Absolutely, but we were and have been acting like one. The board is to blame for that, not the managers, players or supporters. It's on their doorstep.

They may know about business but they know nothing about football. They need to hire someone who isn't a yes man, somebody who will rock the boat. Fight, get in the faces of officials, the league, journalists and aggressively pursue what this club was intended to do. Win...Win and win again.

It makes enemies and your hated. Good. The last time we won the league your Reids, Grays, Van de Hauwes. They knew what it took. Winners, it's a mentality and a way of life. Our boardroom is filled with cowards who hide behind their asinine appointments.

They don't know what they are doing. Appoint someone who does ffs.

Like the prefect storm all this.. the red [Poor language removed] pissing the league,were [Poor language removed] and in the bottom 3,manager sacked and now were looking at the ginger prick who stitched us up and then tried to ckme back and take 2 of our best players stating we were holding them back because we wouldnt let them step up... he becomes out manager im off and they can stick my season ticket up their incompetent arses....

Moyes head and shoulders for where we are now. He'll do an Alladyce job at worse... perhaps not get us up to 8th, is all. But then Alladyce stank for most Everton fans on this forum.

What we need is more overseas players, less character in squad, higher manager turnover (and spend!) and lower league position. So given the Brands reign is delivering that (I wonder if his salary is affected) many on here should be happy with those other names in the list.

I commented a month back we should go for Poch when available - based on his pedigree and use of british players at Spurs.

Moyes would do a job at Watford. Keep them up. I don't think they'd extend his contract past that. I don't know, ask the Watford supporters? I don't think they'd touch him with a barge pole myself.

Tells you something when he's been out of the game so long, that the only shouts for him to return are based on, he used to manage us once.

Moyes head and shoulders for where we are now. He'll do an Alladyce job at worse... perhaps not get us up to 8th, is all. But then Alladyce stank for most Everton fans on this forum.

What we need is more overseas players, less character in squad, higher manager turnover (and spend!) and lower league position. So given the Brands reign is delivering that (I wonder if his salary is affected) many on here should be happy with those other names in the list.

I commented a month back we should go for Poch when available - based on his pedigree and use of british players at Spurs.

Poch apparently has been told by his friends not to touch the Arsenal job but wait until something better comes along.

He may follow their advice when Arsenal tire of the Ljunberg's 'temporary' tenure but we would hardly be what his friends had in mind.

I've even shocked myself with the accuracy of this part of my prediction.

I really don’t think Moyes is out of the question just because he hasn’t come in today.

There is literally no evidence of the board ever acting with any foresight on managerial matters.

Yet there is ample evidence of them acting reactively. That’s what they’ve done following the derby, which they were hoping wouldn’t be a thrashing. But it was.

They think they need to be seen to do something — action is better than inaction for them — and that’s when Kenwright weasels his romanticist PR machine into the process. Last time it was Unsworth. This time it’s Duncan. Next time it will be Sheedy or Ebbrell or Jeffers.

For the rest of the season it will probably be Moyes and Cahill.

I was against the idea but after Sunday starting to change my mind. And when I see the list of managers - most of who wouldn't know the club , would probably confuse the players and try and play tika taka footy that most of us don't like to watch then maybe Moyes with Dunc as number 2? Ticks more boxes than most that have been linked.

I was against the idea but after Sunday starting to change my mind. And when I see the list of managers - most of who wouldn't know the club , would probably confuse the players and try and play tika taka footy that most of us don't like to watch then maybe Moyes with Dunc as number 2? Ticks more boxes than most that have been linked.

And to think that that Continental style of play was the invention of an Englishman (well, a Manc anyway).
The Continental tag was attached simply because he was managing a Dutch side at the time.

Guaranteed cure for insomnia.

Status
Not open for further replies.