Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t think Moyes is out of the question just because he hasn’t come in today.

There is literally no evidence of the board ever acting with any foresight on managerial matters.

Yet there is ample evidence of them acting reactively. That’s what they’ve done following the derby, which they were hoping wouldn’t be a thrashing. But it was.

They think they need to be seen to do something — action is better than inaction for them — and that’s when Kenwright weasels his romanticist PR machine into the process. Last time it was Unsworth. This time it’s Duncan. Next time it will be Sheedy or Ebbrell or Jeffers.

For the rest of the season it will probably be Moyes and Cahill.

If or rather when this happens I hope he doesn't get off to a bad start because things could turn sour fast. Everyone will have to pull together until the summer however hard it is. The major issue is the plan going forward. We need the recruitment to be right.

The situation is still that with back to back wins we could move up as high as 8th place. There are 6 points separating more than 10 teams! There's still alot to fight for.

Get moyesy back until the end of the season to steady the ship. Then look at possibly arteta for the summer.
I can only see us making a panic decision at the moment, unless it’s moyes short term
or all out for poch!

You are Bill Kenwright and I claim my 5 pounds prize for guessing.

Cahill as an assistant? BASED ON WHAT?????

NO track record as a coach.

If you think the fact "He was boss in the derby lad!" qualifies him you are part of the all-encompassing malaise around this football club.

Bill needs running over, and then EVERY NON-PLAYING EMPLOYEE needs to re-interview for the job they are doing.

Bollocks to sentiment, if you are not fit for the task, get rid.

Tim Cahill. Christ.

Just a thought but what had Arteta done before he became Peps assistant as I dont know?

All of it.

Moyes this, Moyes that.

If he had stayed at (for example) Southampton for 11 years, did essentially nothing there, and was then:

Fired from UTD in quick time
Fired from Spain
Took Sunderland down
Fired by West Ham

You would be livid if he was linked to the job.

What makes you think for one second getting him back and pairing him with a former player will be a winning combination?

As others have said, I would HONESTLY sooner stick with Silva.
Just a thought but what had Arteta done before he became Peps assistant as I dont know?
Neither do I, however it's completely irrelevant to this conversation.

Arteta would be working alongside arguably the worlds best manager and his already strong backroom team, allowing him time to learn on the job.

An equally inexperienced Cahill paired with the busted flush that is Moyes, going into a club in turmoil is a massive gamble.

(by the way I just woke up and see we have Duncan in charge for Saturday. Christ, we are an absolute joke)

Neither do I, however it's completely irrelevant to this conversation.

Arteta would be working alongside arguably the worlds best manager and his already strong backroom team, allowing him time to learn on the job.

An equally inexperienced Cahill paired with the busted flush that is Moyes, going into a club in turmoil is a massive gamble.

(by the way I just woke up and see we have Duncan in charge for Saturday. Christ, we are an absolute joke)

No its not irrelevant as you have stated what could Tim Cahill offer, what did Mikel Arteta offer to Pep, being one of the number one managers in the world, what was the attraction to Mikel

I don't believe that Moyes is the answer, but I believe that someone of Tim ability to work with people could be a great plus, hopefully the same as what Man City get from Arteta.

I also don't believe that Duncan Ferguson is a good idea too, as he was the constant in the last four managers who failed

We have to be realistic on who we can attract, still think the Leeds guys Bielsa (Spelling?) is worth a shout, but as @Nymzee pointed out that would not be a long term appointment, which is probably correct, but have any of our last four been long?

Its a real problem for the board on who we can attract, word has it that Marcel is looking at the Ajax manager, money is the only attraction to come to this club, as the rest is a poison chalice

Just can't believe there is no contingency plan in place. Silva was a decent bet to lose his job this season and this is the Premier League where managers lose their jobs all the time. The club is run so badly.....
We really shouldnt be appointing anybody short term whilst we look for someone long term. A football club should always be looking long term and they should have had this lined up. Appointing short term just shows how badly the club is run.

No its not irrelevant as you have stated what could Tim Cahill offer, what did Mikel Arteta offer to Pep, being one of the number one managers in the world, what was the attraction to Mikel

I don't believe that Moyes is the answer, but I believe that someone of Tim ability to work with people could be a great plus, hopefully the same as what Man City get from Arteta.

I also don't believe that Duncan Ferguson is a good idea too, as he was the constant in the last four managers who failed

We have to be realistic on who we can attract, still think the Leeds guys Bielsa (Spelling?) is worth a shout, but as @Nymzee pointed out that would not be a long term appointment, which is probably correct, but have any of our last four been long?

Its a real problem for the board on who we can attract, word has it that Marcel is looking at the Ajax manager, money is the only attraction to come to this club, as the rest is a poison chalice
I get what you're saying, but you seem to forget he joined a top management team at a top, top club.

That gives him the opportunity to learn from the best at relatively low risk.

Everton, in it's current plight is anything but low risk.

Why gamble with a totally untried coach and an obsolete manager?

Putting aside the fact that he ran down his contract and conspired to leave us for Man Utd months before telling Kenwright and the board. He’s just been sacked by four clubs, one of which (Sunderland) he relegated. Would we be considering him had he spent 11 barren years at Villa before being sacked four times?

If he’s appointed I will get behind him (including in verbal terms, because I sit quite close to the dugout), but he is not the man to keep us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.