Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter madness to even consider having the Derby at goodison. It'll be a magnet to fans.

Don't know why they're keen on using proper stadiums tbh, they should hold the games at a training ground of another premier League club. I'm sure this would've been considered and there's a logical reason not to
Will be played at a neutral venue according to latest police statement.
Any game in which RS can win the league will be played away from the Pit.

Will be played at a neutral venue according to latest police statement.
Any game in which RS can win the league will be played away from the Pit.
So it's now official that Liverpool fans cannot be trusted to behave normally.

Announced on the anniversary of Heysel as well.

That is fine if they want to move the derby to a neutral ground. In the interest of integrity, fairness and impartiality though cancel the previous derby as well and replay that at a neutral ground otherwise one team has had a very obvious advantage over the other and it isn't Everton.

Just as if that would ever happen.

The 2019/20 Premier League soon to be known in football history as the season of shame.

Yeah but that's because we are even worse away, at playing I mean, but neither crowd is supportive

We've been in the top 7 for points at home in each of the past four seasons, since sacking Martinez. With the other places being taken up by the "big 6".

Played 71
Won 40
Drawn 16
Lost 15

Points taken 136 (1.92 per match.)

We can definitely be less poisonous at times but we must be doing something right.

Last edited:
That is fine if they want to move the derby to a neutral ground. In the interest of integrity, fairness and impartiality though cancel the previous derby as well and replay that at a neutral ground otherwise one team has had a very obvious advantage over the other and it isn't Everton.

Just as if that would ever happen.

The 2019/20 Premier League soon to be known in football history as the season of shame.
We, and any of the teams threatened by relegation, should just say “we’re not playing any games at neutral venues”. If the police insist, it’s an impasse.

We should say no cos lose a few games and we are in relegation trouble
Nobody can say different simply because it's mathematically possible.
But even the serial pessimists of which I am one, will see that past form will go out of the window when we start up again. The restart is such an artificial exercise that the whole thing will become a lottery. Who knows how teams will react to playing in vast empty stadia?
I reckon we will have enough guile to get the win and draw we need to relax, starting with the RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.