Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen thousands upon thousands of commuters cramming themselves onto buses, trains, & tubes this week in London, I think the authorities would be hard-pressed to implement footie continuing to be played behind closed doors for much of next season.

People will quickly realise that nobody will care it is back.

Even the kopites once they officially win the league will realise how crap it will be.

By game 5 the viewing figures will drop off significantly I reckon bar the relegation sides still having something to play for. Even the European teams will lose interest I reckon.

Even the kopites once they officially win the league will realise how crap it will be.

By game 5 the viewing figures will drop off significantly I reckon bar the relegation sides still having something to play for. Even the European teams will lose interest I reckon.

Hmmm im not so sure mate - look at all the fools falling over themselves to watch the Bunderliga this weekend just gone.

Sadly enough Kopites and Utd fans will tune in every weekend to justify them playing on.

With no alternative live sport / music / entertainment I’m not sure you’re right. It’s the only show in town.

I think it’ll be extremely well watched which makes it an even bigger risk.

Hmmm im not so sure mate - look at all the fools falling over themselves to watch the Bunderliga this weekend just gone.

Sadly enough Kopites and Utd fans will tune in every weekend to justify them playing on.
With no alternative live sport / music / entertainment I’m not sure you’re right. It’s the only show in town.

I think it’ll be extremely well watched which makes it an even bigger risk.

Maybe not.

Just the lack of crowds and lack of anything to really play for half way through will turn a lot of people away. I won't be arsed to watch anyhow. The running to the German league is for the novelty right now.

Just look at wrestling. Everyone watched it when it was empty arena for the curiousity of it. Once people realised how crap it was the viewing figures fell of a cliff. The novelty over the reality as it were .

But I could be wrong after all

Maybe not.

Just the lack of crowds and lack of anything to really play for half way through will turn a lot of people away. I won't be arsed to watch anyhow. The running to the German league is for the novelty right now.

Just look at wrestling. Everyone watched it when it was empty arena for the curiousity of it. Once people realised how crap it was the viewing figures fell of a cliff. The novelty over the reality as it were .

The thing is, there are plenty of things to resolve. CL places, Europe and relegation all on a knife edge. I’m not sure wrestling is a decent comparison to football.

These boards, Twitter, newspapers, telly re-runs have been pretty fertile with football stuff since lockdown. That indicates an appetite to watch actual football.

It won’t be a patch on normal football but it’s still football.

Maybe not.

UFC had crazy #s for their first live show, despite no audience

The thing is, there are plenty of things to resolve. CL places, Europe and relegation all on a knife edge. I’m not sure wrestling is a decent comparison to football.

These boards, Twitter, newspapers, telly re-runs have been pretty fertile with football stuff since lockdown. That indicates an appetite to watch actual football.

I think if we had that champions league place the season resuming would look a dam sight more appealing. Boring with an empty ground but [Poor language removed] it.
Mind you with a CL spot we could just take a PPG couldn't we?

There may well be European places at stake, but there's no way they can have European Games, if everyone is self-isolating for 14-days.

If they have a nod to the old European and Uefa Cups and have it knockout from maybe February onwards, with a "festival" of football where fans can attend from April 2021, (maybe in a City like Istanbul, London where they have multiple big stadiums available) and have the last 16 over 3 weeks in one legged football.

There can't be european group stages like we know it. Plain and Simple.

Very much doubt it. At least here in the states. I had friends who don’t even watch soccer/football tuning in for the Bundesliga restart last weekend. Reckon prem games will have huge viewership numbers here. People just miss sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.