Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read between the lines and add common sense. There is no way this season is continuing.

I can understand them wanting to finish it, for the obscene financial implications and the fallout from the cultists. But both of those issues are nothing compared with mass loss of life.

The competition is already null and void the moment you move the goalposts. No fans, neutral venues, players won't want to tackle each other. Farce.

As someone who's main focus is the mass loss of life, I'm constantly amazed by the fact this doesn't resonate with large numbers in our country. They'll do football for the same reasons they'll reopen the economy before it's safe...because money is above life

All eyes on Germany. Their success or failure will be the blueprint for every spectator sport in every country. I hope it comes off without a hitch; I am bored to tears without live sports.

What a shame. It is very unlikely it will not result in more unnecessary deaths - it's way too early. This is bigger than the individual. Get a hobby.
I do agree with you, BUT they are going ahead and I, as an individual, hope they have it right and have enough safeguards in place to prevent any more unnecessary deaths. By the way, my hobby is watching live sports.

I do agree with you, BUT they are going ahead and I, as an individual, hope they have it right and have enough safeguards in place to prevent any more unnecessary deaths. By the way, my hobby is watching live sports.
Really? Just the one?

Very surprised it's going ahead (16 may) the Bundesliga. The social distancing will pass perfectly for our defenders.

You're surprised but you guys are in a much better situation than us, yet we're almost definitely going to do it.
So the dutch government have said no attendances - period - until there is a vaccine. That's a grim vista.
Totally the right thing to do, though I'd be surprised if we keep to it

I can't see me attending a live game again until a vaccine is available whatever the "rules" are next season. Just not worth the risk.

And that's a choice you're choosing to make,which is fair. But some people, like my dad, have been told they can't, and it's for that reason I think it shouldn't go ahead until everyone is allowed to. There will be thousands missing out, and some of those thousands will obviously break the rules, which is insane.

It should be all or nothing, and that applies for games going ahead full stop.

The threshold to reopen society - including live sport - won’t be after the dying has stopped; it’ll be if the health care system can accommodate the level of cases at any given time. The policy has never been to stop the virus, it’s been to slow the spread and contagion so that hospitals aren’t over-stretched.

The league should only return - either restart or new season - if the health service are in decent shape.

The threshold to reopen society - including live sport - won’t be after the dying has stopped; it’ll be if the health care system can accommodate the level of cases at any given time. The policy has never been to stop the virus, it’s been to slow the spread and contagion so that hospitals aren’t over-stretched.

The league should only return - either restart or new season - if the health service are in decent shape.
But surely having thousands congregate (and its not outdoors whatever excuses are made - Goodison's concourse/toilets and seating is not remotely suitable for a pandemic) will put an unnecessary strain on that.

That guy who sits behind you screaming at the linesman for not giving us a throw in when our player clearly kicked it out, while letting loose a stream of spittle as he uses his choice words to describe said official, is going to spread it to a few people around him. Never mind when a goal goes in. It's just not realistic at all to have a crowd at a football match and not put extra strain on the NHS

That's not to say it won't happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.