Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't saying that as a criticism by the way, just pointing out that it is different.

Personally I don't see the point in finishing in these circumstances. If you restart 3 months after the last game, with different squads, different kits, different stadiums, no fans and potentially completely different rules (subs, length of games etc) then how on earth can you pretend it's the same season? It's like triggers broom.

We have agreed to play at neutral stadiums.

I think the club are completely wrong to agree to play home games at a neutral venue. It's completely unfair and makes the league a mockery.

There is no "integrity" in any of the proposals put forward and it's disappointing to see the club supporting this urge to rush back. Fans are largely irrelevant in football I know, but I reckon less than 10% would support the plans.

I don't get why it would be neutral venues. If the plan is for no fans to be there, why not just play the games at the training / academy grounds. At least then there's the element of home and away teams.

NB. I'm not supporting finishing the season asap at any cost. As mentioned footy without the fans is pointless, might as watch the Qatar league.

I don't get why it would be neutral venues. If the plan is for no fans to be there, why not just play the games at the training / academy grounds. At least then there's the element of home and away teams.

NB. I'm not supporting finishing the season asap at any cost. As mentioned footy without the fans is pointless, might as watch the Qatar league.

Is there an issue with using VAR at training grounds whereas any Premier league ground would be set up for this?

I don't know personally and no idea what happens next on an individual club level, a Premier league level and the entire English football pyramid in the short and long term. There's also what happens to other leagues. We already have a circumstance in Europe where some leagues are finishing and others aren't. What happens if a country decides not to play until a vaccine is available but other countries continue playing? Do players who want to play move to these countries? Do transfer targets not move to certain clubs if football is not happening until a vaccine is available (maybe well into 2021)?

It's a myriad of issues at every level. Many seem to focus on the Premier League but I'm really concerned what happens down the pyramid in England. Having football clubs in towns and cities up and down this country that play an important role in the community is really important. I'm just hoping these clubs can continue to survive, no matter how long this goes on. Also feel for League 1 and League 2 players. They have a relatively short career and whilst on good money compared to average Joe, going a year without wages could really hit them financially.

I don't want this season to re-start for obvious reasons. But really concerned about what it might mean long term for most clubs if a decision to not play football now means football can't return until 2021. I'm no financial expert but would be good to hear some of the more financially minded folks on here think how things would pan out on a more holistic level for League 2 clubs through the Premier league clubs. The only team I think are completely sorted financially are Manchester City, and maybe Newcastle if their takeover goes ahead.

Would we be fine with backing of Moshiri and potentially Usmanov in the background?

Is there an issue with using VAR at training grounds whereas any Premier league ground would be set up for this?

I don't know personally and no idea what happens next on an individual club level, a Premier league level and the entire English football pyramid in the short and long term. There's also what happens to other leagues. We already have a circumstance in Europe where some leagues are finishing and others aren't. What happens if a country decides not to play until a vaccine is available but other countries continue playing? Do players who want to play move to these countries? Do transfer targets not move to certain clubs if football is not happening until a vaccine is available (maybe well into 2021)?

It's a myriad of issues at every level. Many seem to focus on the Premier League but I'm really concerned what happens down the pyramid in England. Having football clubs in towns and cities up and down this country that play an important role in the community is really important. I'm just hoping these clubs can continue to survive, no matter how long this goes on. Also feel for League 1 and League 2 players. They have a relatively short career and whilst on good money compared to average Joe, going a year without wages could really hit them financially.

I don't want this season to re-start for obvious reasons. But really concerned about what it might mean long term for most clubs if a decision to not play football now means football can't return until 2021. I'm no financial expert but would be good to hear some of the more financially minded folks on here think how things would pan out on a more holistic level for League 2 clubs through the Premier league clubs. The only team I think are completely sorted financially are Manchester City, and maybe Newcastle if their takeover goes ahead.

Would we be fine with backing of Moshiri and potentially Usmanov in the background?
I'm just shocked that you got the word pyramid into a post (twice) along with myriad in the same post - marvellous!

So will those with season tickets (at all clubs) get refunds if the games do resume at neutral venues without fans?

I really can't see this season finishing - it's going to be called null and void. There are just far too many risks and potential disputes.

Start again in September when things are more stable

Its a joke...counter to what shankly said, there are more important things than football. And who watches neutral footie at a neutral venue...lets play it on minecraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.