Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't got the exact figures but yesterday there were about 7 infections and 2 Covid19 deaths recorded in Australia, mostly in aged care, and that's been the trend for days. But rugby league is still hoping to resume no sooner than May 28. Even that hasn't been given the OK yet, and the AFL is nowhere near
restarting the season at all. There has been very minor easing of going out restrictions in 2 or 3 states, starting today.

So, how far away is the Premier League from starting up again, never mind the lower leagues. There's no chance of getting it all done by June 30, imo, and
probably a lot longer after that.

Definitely not. Playing games out behind closed doors at neutral venues, completely loses any pretence of ‘integrity of the game’, as sides lose their vital home advantage when they played the reverse fixture under normal conditions. This could be crucial for clubs like Villa fighting for their PL lives.

In addition, behind closed doors football is an awful TV spectacle. The clamour for this solution is driven by the league not wishing to lose out on a chunk of TV cash, and nothing more than that.
It's got even worse since you posted - they're now talking about CGI crowds to enhance the television experience of 'behind closed door' matches (though a CGI of Dr Fun is an interesting concept). Football without fans is for me a no no, but what of the players? We are constantly told that the players need the fans to lift them so how long will players be able to motivate themselves without fans? Maybe the tv companies will use computer generated fan noise to help them - at least that way they're guaranteed no offensive chants.

What a joke.... we all miss football but come on....peoples lives are at danger. Are players going to stand 2 metres apart? Why the hell do we want it to go ahead and miss going to the games rather than watching a quite non existent atmosphere game at a neutral venue.

No not whilst people are dying.... we love our club and our football but there are more important things in life
I wonder if Shankley was still here, would he still say nothing is more important than football (The [Poor language removed] probably would.)

As I keep saying.

If one player tester positive after a restart the whole thing has to stop again.

So what is the point?

Everton are flat as farts most games we start. Imagine how crap we’ll be with no fans in a neutral venue training ground

Thats not en explanation, thats just foul blabbering. I am genuinely interested in the argument , if you dont have a rational argument then ............say so

Foul blabbering?

You flatter me.

It's my opinion that a high proportion of polls on here in which votes aren't visible show results that are scewed from the general opinion of posts in threads and the general opinion of most Everton fans I know. I believe the non-visible posts give opportunity to the rs on here to vote against the grain without fear of being identified.

My foul blabbering point still stands.

Ridiculous.

So what happens if Norwich were expected to play 5 games at home against teams around them, automatically they lose that advantage, and the others gain it.

It’s totally unfair. Either way someone who’s meant to be “away” gains an advantage.
Regardless of whether there is fans there or not, the familiarity of your spot in the changing room, seeing the sane personnel, knowing the pitch and how it runs etc are meant to “favour” you.

If the league was worth £15-20m a year would they be pushing so hard to continue? Of coursenot. This is selfish, solely financially driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.