Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football isn’t getting a pass exclusively though horse racing for a start is staring back bcd , and by June you more than likely will be able to visit friends and family and have a drink , as for testing anyone can get a test just that if your not a key worker etc you have to pay for it , lots of businesses are preparing to return without testing there employees
I don't think any of that is certain or likely. You certainly won't be having that drink in a pub.
I think what is crucial is that major events in all different sports are being cancelled or deferred into 2021.
Businesses will return to work sooner rather than later, but the workplace envoirnment will be completely different to before.
I see the car industry has returned to work in Germany at 10% of the capacity that it had before the lockdown.

The virus is still in control and the government (all governments) are afraid of the consequences of the second and later surges.
I could see a provisional date being set for the return of football and other sports and those deadlines not being met for all sorts of health reasons.

I don't think any of that is certain or likely. You certainly won't be having that drink in a pub.
I think what is crucial is that major events in all different sports are being cancelled or deferred into 2021.
Businesses will return to work sooner rather than later, but the workplace envoirnment will be completely different to before.
I see the car industry has returned to work in Germany at 10% of the capacity that it had before the lockdown.

The virus is still in control and the government (all governments) are afraid of the consequences of the second and later surges.
I could see a provisional date being set for the return of football and other sports and those deadlines not being met for all sorts of health reasons.

I can personally see the hospitality industry opening soon but not what we are used too , restaurants , hotels and bars will be allowed to open but protection for staff in Ppe and screens , Gary Neville alluded to it one morning this week saying he’d had meetings about facilities and rules in place for staff and customers , going back to the new normal until a vaccine arrives will still have to come soon economically for all sport and behind closed doors with testing is probably within them parameters . Though we don’t want to see them win or be awarded it clubs are going to be losing cash in huge and probably irrecoverable amounts if it’s prolonged and especially curtailed .

I can personally see the hospitality industry opening soon but not what we are used too , restaurants , hotels and bars will be allowed to open but protection for staff in Ppe and screens , Gary Neville alluded to it one morning this week saying he’d had meetings about facilities and rules in place for staff and customers , going back to the new normal until a vaccine arrives will still have to come soon economically for all sport and behind closed doors with testing is probably within them parameters . Though we don’t want to see them win or be awarded it clubs are going to be losing cash in huge and probably irrecoverable amounts if it’s prolonged and especially curtailed .
I think we'll see a 'table service only' in some, but not all pubs and restaurants, with very strict social distancing within, ie tables a few metres apart. Don't know when like.

I can't speak for the UK but here in Ireland it is accepted that pubs in particular will be the last to open, I think that is months rather than weeks away.
Restaurants are offering take away food but I think it will be quite some time yet before we are sitting in a restaurant or booking a room in an hotel.

I can't speak for the UK but here in Ireland it is accepted that pubs in particular will be the last to open, I think that is months rather than weeks away.
Restaurants are offering take away food but I think it will be quite some time yet before we are sitting in a restaurant or booking a room in an hotel.
Government rollback plans leaked here this morning. Make for pretty grim reading. Very limited cafe/hotel opening (no mention of pubs) in 'late summer' and only accessible within your 'region' to prevent wide scale travel. No schools until September at the earliest. And zero mention of sport of any kind.

Government rollback plans leaked here this morning. Make for pretty grim reading. Very limited cafe/hotel opening (no mention of pubs) in 'late summer' and only accessible within your 'region' to prevent wide scale travel. No schools until September at the earliest. And zero mention of sport of any kind.

Pubs could reopen if they had outside seating space set up 2 mtrs apart, Have a table at the door where your order is placed for collection and a wifi machine for payment, just pass card over.

I missed it but would have voted no

Sport has probably cost lives, Madrid game at Anfield, Mersey Marathon I think was 3 days later and Cheltenham, how many we’ll never know.
Too risky, players will be all over each other and it only takes one to have Covid and its chaos again.

Whoever makes the final call to restart football is putting a gun to his own head

My view

Play the remainder of the game in Weeks 1-9 of next season (say September) and count them twice for the sole purpose of closure to this season (prize money etc)

So we would "complete" 19-20 whilst REALLY playing 20-21

A much better proposition than forcing teams to play behind closed doors
Not the worst idea I've heard, not that I've thought about it for more than ten seconds, but it would compromise the integrity of next season. It would also
need to be started from where this season left off and in exactly the same format. Day one Everton v Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.