Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was any other team in 1st place it wouldn’t even be a discussion, but while it’s them at the top you best believe the fa will move heaven and earth to somehow finish the season so they can get the title all while the kopite seat sniffers in the media justify the distasteful action of finishing the season
Yeah, but Yergen Klopp, Stevie Gee, Sir Kenny, Shanks, those poor souls need another gate! Think of the furloughed gatemakers of the NorthWest you callous, cold hearted get!

No, and if forced to play at an empty neutral venue I want the cost of my season ticket to be paid back to me, not by EFC but by the Premier League, and that should apply to all supporters of every club. The whole concept is bizarre.

I also want (and very much need) the cost of my expensive season ticket money back but as it's the clubs themselves who would be voting to play on behind closed doors I think it's the only right that Spurs themselves pay me my money back.
Do I want the season to continue?
No I don't, not in any way BUT without it continuing, clubs are going to lose many many millions through the loss of tv money alone and with some maybe facing the risk of going bust, then it makes sense to continue.
Because of this I abstain from voting ;-).

Let us be straight here. The "dark side" have had a very good season,with added VAR and no one would begrudge them that.... BUT and it's a big but, they haven't won the league,no matter how many points clear they are.mathematically nothing has been decided. No matter which club was in that position the situation is still the same.Yes it is very unfortunate for them but tough luck,other teams in other league's are going to miss out just as much.COVID-19 has blighted the whole world and when it comes down to it football doesn't matter one jot! Lives have and are being lost as we post these comments , and its really obscene to have any kind of debate. Null and Void the season now!

Jesus why not just wait until the virus isn’t killing a thousand people a day and people are relatively safe again? I don’t get these people who can’t live without football, I really don’t. Restart it properly when it’s safe to and stop trying to rush things for no good reason.
Exactly.
Null and Void
Asterisk
The season that never was, etc, etc.

No winners...how can there be, as nobody has actually won it or lost it yet.
No losers...how can there be, nobody has actually been relegated yet.

Restart with either new fixtures or the old fixtures next whenever...March?

That’s not really the same situation , you’ll be passing hundreds of people getting into the match , into your seat and then there will be six people all within a metre of you for 90 minutes and they won’t have been tested more than likely

I'd not be passing hundreds of people if I were to go and visit family members.
I'd not be passing hundreds of people to go and meet up for a drink at a friends house.
I'd not be passing hundreds of people in loads of scenarios.

And I won't be wrestling, breathing heavily and sweating all over them either....by and large.

Why again should football get a pass? And if they can all get tested to ensure they can be in close proximity and physical contact with multiple people from all over the country then why can't others?

Some good points being made.
Loads of businesses in financial lumber but not being allowed to push to re open as if they matter so much than others.
Its clearly not fair and misses integrity level if they played behind closed doors at neutral venues.
No one has asked the paying club fans what they think. This is the point where I am really getting annoyed. I would have thought clubs or the likes of our fans forum would be seeking feedback on how we see it.what it means to us?

Some good points being made.
Loads of businesses in financial lumber but not being allowed to push to re open as if they matter so much than others.
Its clearly not fair and misses integrity level if they played behind closed doors at neutral venues.
No one has asked the paying club fans what they think. This is the point where I am really getting annoyed. I would have thought clubs or the likes of our fans forum would be seeking feedback on how we see it.what it means to us?

The club's official, nominated/selected fans forum ran a public Twitter poll yesterday after a fan asked them. As anticipated, it was hijacked/suspended it due to other club fans wading in.

I'm not sure Everton will rock the boat with the Football Authorities, we never do.

Are they going to prevent any players that were injured and unable to compete in the original fixtures from playing?
If not then they can't maintain integrity as teams will gain/lose advantages

These matches played behind closed doors would be a farce. Tippy Tappy training sessions with players scared to make contact with one another. Imagine trying to tackle that snotty-nosed, foaming mouthed, smack rat, Robertson.

Have they thought about the 2 metre distance rule ? Will make the defensive wall at free-kicks look silly . And will the players , who all seem to gob and clear their noses on the pitch , have to run off to do it in a tissue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.