Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foul blabbering?

You flatter me.

It's my opinion that a high proportion of polls on here in which votes aren't visible show results that are scewed from the general opinion of posts in threads and the general opinion of most Everton fans I know. I believe the non-visible posts give opportunity to the rs on here to vote against the grain without fear of being identified.

My foul blabbering point still stands.
It is now a calif point thank you for being clear
I wonder what happens once people who voted either way are identified .... is there then some foul blabbering at them because they gave a different opinion
Just wondering

It is now a calif point thank you for being clear
I wonder what happens once people who voted either way are identified .... is there then some foul blabbering at them because they gave a different opinion
Just wondering

Possibly but I think discourse and people having a range of opinions is welcome on here without pressure to tow any one line. It would highlight repeat trends and behaviours though.

Has anyone tested the legal situation if it ends ? Are the clubs out on limb or is it force majeure ,how much do the sponsors really want to finish it ? If it behind closed doors then the clubs have no gate money so why finish it just for the sake as no one honestly cares any more ,if the reds get the league it will always have an asterisk showing they won it extraordinarily .

Has anyone tested the legal situation if it ends ? Are the clubs out on limb or is it force majeure ,how much do the sponsors really want to finish it ? If it behind closed doors then the clubs have no gate money so why finish it just for the sake as no one honestly cares any more ,if the reds get the league it will always have an asterisk showing they won it extraordinarily .
I think the legal position is relatively simple. If they call the league based on force majeure and they collectively vote to see it ended, then they’ll have to negotiate with the TV companies and sponsors as to how to cover the shortfall in what they’ve paid for, but I don’t see how individual clubs can mount a legal challenge.

The issue imo comes if they award merit on the basis of either the current table or a PPG ‘final’ table. As if they decide the league has concluded, the RS are given the title, European places are awarded, but relegation isn’t enforced, then I think the EFL would possibly have a case for their contract in terms of PL promotion not being fulfilled. Which leaves the PL in a pickle, as all the noise seems to be that the ‘final’ table solution to include relegation wouldn’t achieve the 14 votes required.

It appears that each club could lose around £40m from broadcasters payments if the season is not completed. However the loss from having no gate receipts would only be £10m.
There are also reports that while the domestic broadcasters , Sky and BT would be amenable to a compromise solution to suit all , overseas broadcasters are less agreeable.
I suppose it further illustrates how the match going fan ,once the lifeblood of the game , has become peripheral. We are merely the unpaid extras in a Hollywood blockbuster.
It’s all about the armchair supporter nowadays.

It needs ending right now I’m not even arsed if it’s null and void or current standings and they get the title. Get this over and done with start again as normal in August/September

The thing is it won’t be normal in August /September it will be bcd until a vaccine , lots of “normal” life will get back to normal but 40-70k crowds will not be happening for a long time . I don’t think some people realise the serious financial implications this will have on all clubs bar ones owned by countries . Even next season would sky / bt or overseas want to pay full amount for games bcd that won’t have any atmosphere or celebrations , these are really dangerous times for all clubs

It appears that each club could lose around £40m from broadcasters payments if the season is not completed. However the loss from having no gate receipts would only be £10m.
There are also reports that while the domestic broadcasters , Sky and BT would be amenable to a compromise solution to suit all , overseas broadcasters are less agreeable.
I suppose it further illustrates how the match going fan ,once the lifeblood of the game , has become peripheral. We are merely the unpaid extras in a Hollywood blockbuster.
It’s all about the armchair supporter nowadays.
Wouldn't even be that. Our own PL 'match day income' (which covers all revenue streams on matchdays, not just from ticket sales) is short of £20m for a full season. The cost to Everton would only be something like £4m -- so I'm sure the club owners would see that as a worthwhile cost if it were to mean that remaining fixtures get played and so TV monies retained.
The bigger, longer term, issue though is surely the question of whether the PL product has been fatally wounded. If it has then I think we can say goodbye to our revival -- and very probably to BMD and our current owner(s).

I think Aguero voicing concerns is the beginning of the end.

The whole season will be scrapped.

I'd like to think so.

End of the day, the players are the most important factor here, and if they down tools, then you can't play the game, it's that simple.

Had it been a basic footballer like Ben Mee or something, i don't think anyone would pay attention, but because it's someone like Aguero, i think alarm bells will be ringing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.