Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC - sports department plus Sky - plus LFC -

All it needs is for a couple of Premiership players to be diagnosed with Covid 19 and the whole thing will be up in the air again.

What is the betting that it will an Everton player that gets it ?

The BBB sports presenter (don't know her name) the one that could eat an orange through a tennis racket, recokons it would be good for moral, if football restarted BCD.
See regardless of Liverpool, I dont think it will boost moral at all, if anything it will be more annoying. Imagine sitting there watching a silent game on TV when you haven't missed a home game for years.
Fella I use to sit by in Park End, was struggling for money with 2 kids, going the match was he only release and day out, watching it on TV wont make him feel better.

As the days go by it becomes more and more obvious that the PL/FA/Football authorities haven’t got the bottle or balls to make the null and void decision! They keep deferring making any meaningful decision or announcement in the hope that Government effectively make the decision and shut it down for them!
The footballing powers that be are so terrified of upsetting that shower across Stanley Park, their media, and the cult that purport to follow them they want Boris, as Merkel is doing in Germany, to take the decision out of their hands! They are then absolved of any blame, reduces the chances of them beIng sued, and would hope then to avoid the “bullets in the post” scenario that would inevitably follow if they had made the decision!

Prediction. No team will play their first two fixtures before big red.

The powers that be - even if they dont think they can finish the league, they'll just want a few more to steady the argument.

Sorry Dan, just trying to understand the prediction. Do you think Liverpool will play their fixtures first? Or do you think the league are waiting for more teams to want to cancel?

It a really self indulgent for football to consider not finishing the premier league as a major issue in the current crisis.
Just end it now and start the new season when there’s a safe opportunity.
The FA and Premier League should take a mature and more humble stance and cancel it now

and such a shame for City not to complete the greatest ever comeback in football....

I'd not be passing hundreds of people if I were to go and visit family members.
I'd not be passing hundreds of people to go and meet up for a drink at a friends house.
I'd not be passing hundreds of people in loads of scenarios.

And I won't be wrestling, breathing heavily and sweating all over them either....by and large.

Why again should football get a pass? And if they can all get tested to ensure they can be in close proximity and physical contact with multiple people from all over the country then why can't others?

Football isn’t getting a pass exclusively though horse racing for a start is staring back bcd , and by June you more than likely will be able to visit friends and family and have a drink , as for testing anyone can get a test just that if your not a key worker etc you have to pay for it , lots of businesses are preparing to return without testing there employees

So the FA have got a month to come up with a detailed return to action plan, when it's taken them over a decade to introduce any sort of technology and even then it's been an absolute embarrassment.

If they do continue, I bet they'll scrap VAR for the remaining games. You can't continue a season with different rules 3/4rs of a way through the season

Status
Not open for further replies.