Podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephenlloyd

Player Valuation: £40m
I’ve listened to quite a few podcasts this week, just to get a feeling of how we are seen, after the derby win. It’s no surprise we still ain’t getting much credit.

It’s all feeling sorry for klopp and the injuries, we did ok, but will still finish 7th/8th. Even hearing journalists saying it wasn’t a pen.

The best one was Alyson Rudd I think it was the times podcast, was asked would you rather have klopp or ancelotti. Her reaction was like she was asked who’s the better manager klopp or big Sam.

Then she said ancelotti has finally realised you can’t play James & siggurdsson in the same team. When they’ve started 6 out of 24. And a good few of them was down to injuries. Siggurdsson has played midfield and false 9 Witt no DCL and Richarlison has also missed games. The lack of knowledge is embarrassing some times.

There a few podcasts,
American toffee pod is quite good,
talking the blues is my favourite atm
Rodgers Armstrong one decent

Blueroom is hit and miss with quite a bit behind a paywall

All together now was great till they sold there soul to patreon. Non of there content is free, what you get for being a loyal listener

County road bobblers listen to 1 for 5 minutes and every other word was the F word so turned it off. Not that I’m bother about swearing but was way over the top and really unneeded.

GOTs was okay but they spent more time talking about the ale then the footy.

Royal Blue can be quite good. As well as a few of there spin off they do some times

think that’s it

I don't have the attention span for them.

@Groucho's and @micknick did a couple - they were good - hooked you in by starting them off with what they've been drinking the past week.

Come for the beer talk, stay for the Everton fume.
I’m willing to start up again fortnightly if dear Michael is.

Whatever happened to Adam and GOT-TV
He made a paper mache head and escaped sadly.

I’m really not sure why people expect neutrals to believe we’ll finish top 4/5.

We aren’t playing amazing by any stretch and our squad isn’t as good as Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs.

7th or 8th will be a very decent season with these players.

I’m really not sure why people expect neutrals to believe we’ll finish top 4/5.

We aren’t playing amazing by any stretch and our squad isn’t as good as Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs.

7th or 8th will be a very decent season with these players.

This. A lot of blues seem to get incredibly upset that neutrals seem to view Everton pretty neutrally.

From the outside we're really not that interesting a club. We have good runs of form, we have bad runs of form and then finish somewhere just outside the top 6 and win nothing. But some people want podcasts that cover the entire game to spend 30 minutes fawning over the Blues.

This. A lot of blues seem to get incredibly upset that neutrals seem to view Everton pretty neutrally.

From the outside we're really not that interesting a club. We have good runs of form, we have bad runs of form and then finish somewhere just outside the top 6 and win nothing. But some people want podcasts that cover the entire game to spend 30 minutes fawning over the Blues.
I disagree
Wolves have been talked about loads the last 2 years because of finishing 6th & 7th. Leicester have been good the last 2 seasons and ahead of us at this moment in time. But they get really good publicity. Amd look at the wank fest over Leeds.

Amd take Spurs won nothing in years. Ok had a few good to runs in the champions league, but get talked up as some monster club.

I honestly believe m, because of the obsession over Liverpool and an ex player or 5 everywhere you turn Goes against us. Even city found it difficult at first to get any credit in the media because of utd. Amd city were winning things.

I get the we have to start winning and playing champions league football. And then they can’t ignore us, Robbie savage even said last Leicester are a bigger club this is what we have to put up with. I suppose it will make it even sweeter when we have success.

I disagree
Wolves have been talked about loads the last 2 years because of finishing 6th & 7th. Leicester have been good the last 2 seasons and ahead of us at this moment in time. But they get really good publicity. Amd look at the wank fest over Leeds.

Amd take Spurs won nothing in years. Ok had a few good to runs in the champions league, but get talked up as some monster club.

I honestly believe m, because of the obsession over Liverpool and an ex player or 5 everywhere you turn Goes against us. Even city found it difficult at first to get any credit in the media because of utd. Amd city were winning things.

I get the we have to start winning and playing champions league football. And then they can’t ignore us, Robbie savage even said last Leicester are a bigger club this is what we have to put up with. I suppose it will make it even sweeter when we have success.
I can only talk about the stuff I listen to but....

Wolves barely get a mention these days. There was a lot of praise last year because it was an impressive rise from the Championship into Europe and their relationship with Portuguese agents was often talked of. This season the talk was about their drop off early on and over the last couple of months barely a mention bar questioning their failure to strengthen and puzzlement at dropping £35M on a kid who's barely kicked a ball in the professional game.

Leicester get bits of praise here and there but I can understand that. They're doing a better job of upsetting the "Big 6" applecart than most.

Leeds get talked about quite a bit but their style of attacking football is pretty much the polar opposite of any other club that gets promoted. It has been a quite unusual approach compared to the vast majority of promoted teams and often very entertaining even to their detriment so is a talking point.

I don't hear Spurs get talked up as a monster club. Most talk I've heard has been fairly negative about the backward steps they're taking and them being the latest in a line of clubs to get the sulky Mourinho treatment.

Over the last month or so the most I've heard about is City being in excellent form, West Ham being very impressive, RS being terrible with a lot of criticism of recruitment and Klopp destroying his midfield to patch up his defence and Fulham looking like they might have enough to get out of relegation.

Aside from that it's been fairly even. But I can only talk about the stuff I listen to.

The Toffee Blues is good, likewise for American Toffee Podcast. I like GOT's too (though it's been a little while). I know Toffee TV aren't everyone's cup of tea but I personally do enjoy their content when they're not going over the top. Keep hearing good stuff about the Athletic's stuff with Paddy Boyland and Greg O'Keefe but not heard an episode yet.

There's quite a few and at least one is bound to hit the right note for you. Football media has got to the point in this country that if you're a supporter outside of the supposed "top 6" there's no point listening to anything that's said by mainstream outlets, they don't consider your club click-bait therefore never have any serious discussion about you. Instead it's just condescending rubbish and often lazy analysis. The only one I give a pass too in that regard is Tifo Football, I do think that one is well researched and the discussions are fair and balanced about everyone. Sky though and the likes of the national newspaper ones, forget it.

Last edited:
I quite like A View from the Bullens, Michael Ball pitches up and it's passionate. The Blue room is pretty good although there is a lot of over analysis and in jokes you wouldn't get if you didn't listen much. American Toffee pod is good but they are a bit obsessed with stats. The best is the unholy Trinity drops every Sunday, three down to earth Blues having a chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.