Playing in the Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's the same old [Poor language removed] season after season.
City need a striker? No worries 150m on Haaland and will be right at the top again.
Liverpool, another CH? CM? No worries 50-70m and they go again.

United crash and burn, but can swipe a well regarded manager without any issues.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs always there and there abouts.

The league is boring, same teams near the top, most seasons two out of the three recently promoted teams go back down.

I'm losing interest in the league, regardless of whether Everton stays up or not, it will probably diminish further next season again.
Football as a competition has been destroyed by sky money. Its why they have to fabricate drama with scripted, corrupt matches and bent officials.

Its destroyed my interest too. I used to study the results snd league tables every week. Today I'd struggle to list half the teams in the top division.

We absolutely have stay up, I don’t want to have to pay out for another subscription for the games, although you do get the F1 too I suppose

It’s true that we would win more matches in the Championship, but we would win even more games in League One. So maybe it would be a good idea to aim for League One.

Morecambe away would be a better day out than Spurs away or Man Utd away. And we’d have a better chance of winning. Why would we want to draw at Old Trafford when we can win at Morecambe? In fact we’d probably win every game.

staying up for everton is paramount

I fear getting relegated would put Everton in a position beyond their capacity to bounce back quickly. A season or three.

We could be the next Sunderland and Premiership football a distant dream.

If we go down, we would be facing the most crucial time in our history and I have NO faith in this board to get us back.

I hope we stay up, I was only 1 year old last time we got promoted and I obviously can't remember it. I started going to the match in the 62-63 season and have never seen us play outside the top division, I am, however, fairly sure that we will be relegated this season, it's really not something we should complain about, because, we certainly are one of the two worst teams in the division.

Ever since Moshiri's failure to act immediately after the Watford debacle, I have expected us to be relegated. Moshiri has been a disasterous owner and Benitez was probably the most stupid appointment he cold have made. I really can't even get excited about the new stadium, it will be a financial millstone around the club's neck for several decades, unless of course, we get new owners who have some money to invest and half a clue how to use it wisely.

The cold hard reality is, even if we stay up we are just kicking the can down the road, if not this season, it will be next season or the one after that, this club is rotten to the core, our only hope is slash and burn, start at the top and work our way down through all the overpaid under achievers, board, commercial staff, CEO, coaching staff players, all the perennial under achievers need to be rooted out. Much as I fear and hate the idea of relegation, perhaps ultimately, it will be the catalyst for change. That is my only crumb of comfort in this whole sorry mess.

As someone who has seen my team relegated 3 times in my lifetime (technically 4 times but I was a toddler the first time so I don't actually remember that one so I don't count it) I feel I need to tell you some things:

1. No one seriously wants relegation but it can help put things in perspective. You will see who your true fans are. Personally I would not expect to see your attendances really decrease (unless you do "a Sunderland" and I must admit their attendance hasn't been so bad for what is now a consistent league 1 club! - don't ever tell anyone I said that about the Mackems)

2. Some people think it is the end of the club. That is extremely rare and highly unlikely in Evertons case. If you go down you WILL come back (and yes I am conscious of the financial situation you are in) but you will be back in the Prem the only question is when and how....

3. I made this point in a different post but I will reiterate that there is NOT some conspiracy against Everton. The situation you find yourselves in is not the fault of the "Big 6", "Refs/VAR", "the media", "Rafael" etc etc. It is simply years of mismanagement.

NOTE: of course the media enjoy it as it is a "story". Also, many fans of many teams enjoy the prospect of you going down for a wide variety of reasons as would each of you if you were in their shoes (insert team name of your choosing here)......

Personally I'd love to see Spurs relegated but that's just me!

4. I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: you are NOT relegated yet anyway and may not be so why not just support your team? Even if you do get relegated I don't see why you would stop supporting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.