Playing in the Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL100

Player Valuation: £10m
I’m interested to know everyone’s thoughts on why they want to stay up this season and continue in the Premier League. It Might sound like a daft question but everyone has their own reasons. I hope we stay up but Iv been bored and fed up with the PL for years now just making up the numbers, the bias to the big clubs etc.

What’s your reason?

Do you enjoy the league
Do you hope we compete for Champions league again one day?
Is it financial reasons for the club?
Another reason?

I’m interested to know everyone’s thoughts on why they want to stay up this season and continue in the Premier League. It Might sound like a daft question but everyone has their own reasons. I hope we stay up but Iv been bored and fed up with the PL for years now just making up the numbers, the bias to the big clubs etc.

What’s your reason?

Do you enjoy the league
Another reason?
You'll find out the answer to that question when Everton are playing a 'derby' against Preston and Everton's away fans are getting chased round south east London by Millwall.

A few people are touting this idea that it would be great for us to lose our long-standing top-flight status, lose all future football fans of our city to the RS and risk financial ruin because we might win more games. Is this a joke? Is it a concerted effort to troll us all?

Surely no one seriously wants for us to be playing the likes of Blackpool and Peterborough in perpetuity and for us to permanently lose our elite status just because we’ve struggled this season.

If anyone does I’ll be surprised.

I’m happy to have more defeats in this league than more wins over Scunthorpe or Blackpool or whoever. Wins over those clubs are worthless.

It’s like our Champions League ambitions. We know if we ever reach the group stages of the Champions League we will probably struggle and lose more matches than we would in the Prem. Obviously we’re a million miles from the CL right now, but you get the idea. If it’s just about winning we should go down to the National League North. We’d win almost all our games in that division.

What’s your reason?

Do you enjoy the league
Another reason?
Nil satis nisi optimum.

I'd love it if the club folded to be honest, wasted far too many years of my life cancelling plans and revolving my life around Everton, and in return have got an FA Cup victory in 95 in return.

Now I live abroad 7 hours ahead of GMT and stay up late to watch the games, going to bed in a bad mood constantly on a match day.

I detest, genuinely, an overwhelming majority of the squad, and see the entire game being so out of touch with reality when you see the likes of Mason Greenwood of United (one of many examples) earning about 100 grand a week and feeling invincible at the grand old age of about 18.

There is no joy to being a fan of Everton.

We might get one or two 'big' results each season, say a Manchester United home victory or an away draw against a Chelsea or Arsenal, but nothing that will win us a trophy, and it will not change in the near future.

If we go down, and it's looking very likely that we will, we will need to accept that the chances of ever breaking into the top four, in the Premier League at least, are over for possibly an entire generation. So what's the point in continuing following a team like Everton when all they do is impact your life in a negative way?

If it was your partner, you'd get rid of her. Koff Everton.

There's absolutely nothing about the Premier League in itself that I'd miss. Its a corrupt embarrassment to the the sport, but guess what? The championship is also a corrupt embarrassment to the sport, just with lower playing standards. Lets be very clear here, absolutely nothing positive can or will come from us being relegated. Nothing. Oh I'm sure that some of us will find things that we can pretend to be positive about if/when it happens but that's just trying to put a brave face on things. Maybe we'll come back stronger for the experience of relegation if the worst happens, maybe it will help the club in the long run and purge us of the losers both on the field and in the boardroom, maybe some of the idiots that follow us but constantly talk about turning in their keys and walking away after every defeat will finally shut up and do it. Maybe all of that happens, but even if it did and the best case scenario of us smashing the championship and bouncing straight back happens it still wouldn't be worth the price we'd have to pay for it.

There's absolutely nothing about the Premier League in itself that I'd miss. Its a corrupt embarrassment to the the sport, but guess what? The championship is also a corrupt embarrassment to the sport, just with lower playing standards. Lets be very clear here, absolutely nothing positive can or will come from us being relegated. Nothing. Oh I'm sure that some of us will find things that we can pretend to be positive about if/when it happens but that's just trying to put a brave face on things. Maybe we'll come back stronger for the experience of relegation if the worst happens, maybe it will help the club in the long run and purge us of the losers both on the field and in the boardroom, maybe some of the idiots that follow us but constantly talk about turning in their keys and walking away after every defeat will finally shut up and do it. Maybe all of that happens, but even if it did and the best case scenario of us smashing the championship and bouncing straight back happens it still wouldn't be worth the price we'd have to pay for it.
nail on head.

Fingers crossed we stay up.

For me it’s playing in the top league and the hope that we will break that too 6 again. Although I hate the PL and everything about it tbh, especially as we just make up the numbers, the bias to the top 3-4 teams is unbearable.

Just interested to hear everyone’s thoughts. By no means do I want us relegated, as an Everton fan this has been the worst 8-10 weeks ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.