Playing devils advocate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkhorse

Player Valuation: £500k
I don’t expect Moshiri to be some kind of instant savior and catapult us back into the top 6. Look at the landscape: Title contenders in: (1) City, (2) United, (3) Spurs, (4) Chelsea, (5) Arsenal. So that’s 5 not yet even taking into consideration the competitive (6) Liverpool, (7) Leicester. (8) West Ham. So now if you were to add ourselves (9) and Southampton (10) into the mix that’s literally half of the league. Point being made is that England is jam packed and the TV rights money – imo – actually hurts us because it just makes the league more and more competitive due to all clubs now having money to burn (and not just us!). The league is almost at a grid lock and it’s going to take some pretty amazing efforts to gate crash our way through to even 6th spot.

Bottom line: This will not be some Manchester City type instant success story - but it should solidify us as a top 8 club for years to come. Alas its hard to substantially improve when everyone else is improving also. Thoughts?

I don’t expect Moshiri to be some kind of instant savior and catapult us back into the top 6. Look at the landscape: Title contenders in: (1) City, (2) United, (3) Spurs, (4) Chelsea, (5) Arsenal. So that’s 5 not yet even taking into consideration the competitive (6) Liverpool, (7) Leicester. (8) West Ham. So now if you were to add ourselves (9) and Southampton (10) into the mix that’s literally half of the league. Point being made is that England is jam packed and the TV rights money – imo – actually hurts us because it just makes the league more and more competitive due to all clubs now having money to burn (and not just us!). The league is almost at a grid lock and it’s going to take some pretty amazing efforts to gate crash our way through to even 6th spot.

Bottom line: This will not be some Manchester City type instant success story - but it should solidify us as a top 8 club for years to come. Alas its hard to substantially improve when everyone else is improving also. Thoughts?
Top 8 for years to come is not what we are looking for. I would say champions league within 3 years and an FA cup or 2 on the way

Top 8 for years to come is not what we are looking for. I would say champions league within 3 years and an FA cup or 2 on the way

But what would make us break into that top 4? Will need an awful lot of luck and good judgement and some dreadful seasons from several other teams.

I reckon we're a dark horse for CL qualification next season.

Maybe not Moshiri will give us instant success, but the right manager (who he will be picking, btw) can give us that.
But boy oh boy have I dreamed of us being 8th since when I was suckling on me mar's teet.

Status
Not open for further replies.