Players we were convinced would be Great Signings In Past Transfer Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raino85

Player Valuation: £35m
Especially in the past couple of years, we have all put names forward as future stars of the everton side and egged us on to sign them weather we were linked or not.
Who have been some of your favorite "we should sign this guy" shouts, and more importantly what has happened to them since we decided not to sign them.

I will make a start

upload_2018-5-18_10-56-21.jpeg

Mauricio Lemos (At the time at Las Palmas)
I had only seen him play a few times, and only because we had been linked, plus your standard youtube reel show.
I was convinced the guy was the next Van Dijk with his height and stature and calmness at the back.

In 2018 checking on how he is doing now, i found this on an ESPN blog

"
After failing to impress Paco Jemez following the coach's appointment at Las Palmas in December, Lemos was loaned to Sassuolo at the end of the winter transfer window.

His first start saw the Serie A minnows suffer a 7-0 thrashing by Juventus but, after two months on the bench, Lemos has been given another chance to impress.

The Uruguayan's return to the first XI has coincided with an upturn in form for Sassuolo as they held AC Milan to a 1-1 draw at the San Siro and ground out 1-0 wins over Fiorentina and Verona, with Lemos volleying home the winner in the latter.

He will be aiming to maintain his performance level in the final four games to try and secure a late call-up to Oscar Tabarez's World Cup squad."

He didnt make the world cup squad were Sebastian Coates did, looking at wiki apparently he only made 5 appearences for Sassuolo, has he faded into obscurity or could he return as a link?

Madjid Bougherra thinking Charlton were bigger than us then being done like a kipper by McFadden.

Leroy Fer - premier league kryptonite, you will go down if you play him.

Demba Ba - he stayed at Chelsea, we got Lukaku instead, by the end of the season the kopites were crying.

I really wanted us to sign Slimani when Martinez was our manager. I wonder how he would have done for us under RM, I think he would have been a good fit, tbh.

I really wanted us to sign Slimani when Martinez was our manager. I wonder how he would have done for us under RM, I think he would have been a good fit, tbh.
That's the thing, people love to throw around hindsight like it wins the argument, players chose different paths that led to different outcomes, who knows how it would have worked out

..if they had computers back in the day, then Henry Newton and Joe Harper were supposed to be the next big thing but turned out to be anything but.

Saido Berahino caused a bit of a debate on here more recently but it’s not worked out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.