Players we tried to sign...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Everton clubcall and calling up Electronic Arts games emergency helpline for tips I think I raked up a bill in the region of 26k during the Muller Gate

60p a minute only for the fella to spend the first 2 minutes telling you that there's breaking news and they'll get round to it in another 2 minutes.

Welcome to EVERTON CLUBCALL!!!!

BREAKING NEWS THIS EVENING REGARDING EVERTONS PURSUIT OF THE SAMBA SUPERSTAR MULLER!!!

Also on EVERTON CLUBCALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy Martin discusses how he gets those grassy stains out of the players shorts

Mike Walkers top 10 tips for best deckchairs this summer

Brett Angel chooses his favourite Angel Delight

But first, THE BREAKING NEWS ABOUT MULLER..... then your pips are going, the phones beeping and your scrounging round for another 20p off anyone within 50 yards of the phone box.
What was brett angels favourite angel delight?

There were journos saying we wanted to bring in Keylor Navas in 2014, it led to this classic from Royal Blue Mersey saying that we shouldn’t...

he went on to win 3 Champions Leagues in a row as Real Madrid’s number 1 and to this day is currently PSG’s number 1

View attachment 94415
Now we’ve got [Poor language removed] midget arms

Not sure what the reason was but my son met Bellamy and asked him why he signed for Liverpool and not Everton, Bellamy just replied “ Ask your manager not me”
He said Moyes was to intense or something when he met him, and something like Moyes had suggested to meet at his house for talks, where as Liverpool invited him to the training ground etc. Something like that anyway.

Ah, just thought of another one - Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe.

He was practically ours, wasn't he? then fell through right at the last minute. I remember Vincent Kompany coming out at the time and saying what a boss signing we'd made. I was pretty sad about that.

Ah, just thought of another one - Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe.

He was practically ours, wasn't he? then fell through right at the last minute. I remember Vincent Kompany coming out at the time and saying what a boss signing we'd made. I was pretty sad about that.

Sad as it is I think I was up till about 2am that night awaiting updates........never again.

Vincent Kompany bigged him up but eventually he went on loan to Norwich and then to Rotherham I think.

So we dodged a bullet there.

Obviously we did eventually sign him when he was over the hill. I remember we were in for Gazza in the mid 90's when he was still at Lazio and was set for his return to British football.

Sad as it is I think I was up till about 2am that night awaiting updates........never again.

Vincent Kompany bigged him up but eventually he went on loan to Norwich and then to Rotherham I think.

So we dodged a bullet there.
File him under the 'promising player mired by persistant injury problems' category. From what I remember he never really got started at Norwich because of injury and it never really got much better for him. He was highly regarded at Brugge and did well in that season at Legia Warsaw where he actually managed to stay fit for most of it, but yeah never ended up fulfilling the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.