Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only this pandemic and how it has exposed the short comings in our society could be used to re-align that society, unfortunately I believe it will be used by those who have pots of money to make more and to set themselves up to withstand any future pandemic to the detriment of those of us who have to depend on public services.

Another day, another deafening silence from the PL, the players and the PFA.
These greedy, uncaring, self-important spoilt brats as expected, continue to blame everyone for daring to question them.
Words fail me.
You come across as being extremely bitter and jealous. Given that you must have been aware of the type of salaries paid before Covid came about I'm a little confused why follow football and it's self-important spoilt brats.

You come across as being extremely bitter and jealous. Given that you must have been aware of the type of salaries paid before Covid came about I'm a little confused why follow football and it's self-important spoilt brats.
Been watching football for sixty years now and it's a way of life.
Despite the self-important spoilt brats who play it.

It is reasonable to question why one of the most revered and well paid sectors of society have made absolutely no contribution to this crisis apart from pointing out they pay huge taxes because of the enormous wealth they are earning from clubs... while at the same time in some cases other employees earning a tiny fraction of what these players earn have been told to go to the government for most of your wages.

I am not surprised enormously by the players as I think they live in a bubble and are isolated and remote from the real world but the leaders of the PFA, the League, the FA have failed badly to give any leadership or show any generosity.

30% of Premiership players salaries for two or three months will make no difference whatsoever to their lifestyle.

It is reasonable to question why one of the most revered and well paid sectors of society have made absolutely no contribution to this crisis apart from pointing out they pay huge taxes because of the enormous wealth they are earning from clubs... while at the same time in some cases other employees earning a tiny fraction of what these players earn have been told to go to the government for most of your wages.

I am not surprised enormously by the players as I think they live in a bubble and are isolated and remote from the real world but the leaders of the PFA, the League, the FA have failed badly to give any leadership or show any generosity.

30% of Premiership players salaries for two or three months will make no difference whatsoever to their lifestyle.
Charity should be encouraged rather than demanded. It's a donation not a tax increase.

Are the supermarkets, who've seen absurd recent profits due to the nuggets who are hoarding, offering 30% of their increases?

What about the actors, authors and musicians who are all benefiting from sales and royalties due to the lockdown? Are they offering a percentage of their earnings too?

Footballers are an easy target. Loads of other professions are making abnormal money but no one seems to be demanding the same from them. If you want the rich to fund what a government should be funding then change the tax bands or change the government.

Footballers are an easy target. Loads of other professions are making abnormal money but no one seems to be demanding the same from them. If you want the rich to fund what a government should be funding then change the tax bands or change the government.
[/QUOTE]
I'll throw it out there....... imho the top flight PL footballers earn an obscene amount of money weekly , name another comparable profession ?
I think they could well afford the hit of a drop in salary !

Charity should be encouraged rather than demanded. It's a donation not a tax increase.

Are the supermarkets, who've seen absurd recent profits due to the nuggets who are hoarding, offering 30% of their increases?

What about the actors, authors and musicians who are all benefiting from sales and royalties due to the lockdown? Are they offering a percentage of their earnings too?

Like what? Name another profession where you can get paid £60k per week for being absolutely hideous at your job?

I think with our club staying quiet suggests we have no short term cash problems. The money Usnanov paid for naming rights is probably handy about now! I would think football will start up again mid to end of may..

We are nearly three weeks into the lockdown, some players will have banked over half a million in that time. It could be over 20 years before a nurse earns that. They are still discussing it. Other industries where people cannot work have furloughed staff.

I would love it if all prem clubs furloughed the players (who cannot work) and then donated £10k per player per month to the NHS.

Here's a thought my Blue friends.
Richard Masters, Premier League Chief Executive, reckons the PL clubs "could lose £1billion" if the league is abandoned.
On average, that's £50million per club or, put another way, the cost of just ONE star player to most of those twenty clubs, ourselves included.
Is this really a financial crisis or is it merely a self-inflicted wound in a business that consistently spends obscene amounts of money on transfers, players' wages and agents' fees.
Financial crisis my bottom! More of a massive reality check in my opinion.

Like what? Name another profession where you can get paid £60k per week for being absolutely hideous at your job?

Even the most hideous players (in the context of the premier league) are absurdly talented by comparison to the majority of the footballing world, and that’s why they earn the big bucks.

Look at someone like Aiden McGeady, complete waste of space for us and had a short lived prem career, but stick him in league 1 and he’s the stand out best attacking player in the league.

"PEANUTS"

Status
Not open for further replies.