Players performances against certain teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our players always seem to have good games against certain teams for instance Barkley has been excellent in all his games against Arsenal.

Unfortunately its the same for other teams - I hate seeing Lampard on the team sheet when we play Chelsea and Norwich collectively disappear against Suarez.

Any other examples that stand out?

I used to dread Les Ferdinand playing against us.

And back in the 70s Cov had a boy name of Ian Wallace always filled his boots when EFC played them.

Its the tactics - Wenger simply does not have a solution to Lukaku battering his left back, right back got drawn up, right center back got stranded by Mirallas, and Naismith having acres of space.

Barkley clearly plays better further from goal.

Back in the day, Saha scored for fun against West Ham.

Lescott was also (strangely) mustard against his boyhood club Villa.

Bilyaletdinov - useless against everyone except Wolves

By complete chance, I accidentally ended up listening to Ian Wright on his Rock 'N' Roll Football show on Absolute Radio on Saturday. Martinez come on for an interview. Wright pointed out to him, that he scored 'most' of his goals against Everton :rant:

I actually always thought Wright disliked us but he said he had a real soft spot for Everton fans. Then again, he was right up Bobby's arse. Kept saying he was 'a friend of the show' (Apparently Bobby has done several phone interviews on the show.)

I believe Lukaku has quite the record against them lot over the park.

Mirallas is a big game player and will always turn up against the top 4 but be anonymous when we need him to break down a crap Cardiff defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.