Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB should be partnering Tarks next season.

Reject all offers south of 60m. He’s 20, he’s only going to get considerably better. Reckon he’s a proper Dyche player.

I’d take Coady, and JB.

What harm is there in having 3 able centre halves? Gives platform to sell Holgate and/or Keane with Mina also off the books.

I don’t necessarily think 4 centre halves of Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Coady and Holgate would be a disaster for me.

If we are offered good money for Branthwaite in the summer we will probably need to consider it. Obviously not if it's the reds who are interested. And it probably also depends on what league we are in. If we go down, we won't be in any position to turn down big money.

I'd like to see him in pre season before making a decision ideally. I don't think he looked ready at the end of last season (inexperience cost us v Brentford etc), but his loan spell seems to have been a success, and he had plenty of the basics you look for in a defender. He just needs to keep improving and cut out the errors.

I’d take Coady, and JB.

What harm is there in having 3 able centre halves? Gives platform to sell Holgate and/or Keane with Mina also off the books.

I don’t necessarily think 4 centre halves of Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Coady and Holgate would be a disaster for me.

And Godfrey

We will need to sell someone and let Mina go, if we are bringing back JB for the first team.

I saw somewhere that PSV offered £5 mill but we wanted £8 mill, I’ve no idea if that’s true but a ridiculous price to even think about letting Branthwaite go for .
No chance that happened- PSV have plenty of cash from their two big sales and would’ve snapped our hand off at 8mil, knowing that the prices other young Eredivisie players are going for (plus the Young English premium) they’d likely get 30 plus for him quite easily within 12-18 months.

IMO Branthwaite has all the tools to be a top defender and has a higher ceiling than Gordon, so once he’s gained experience and a bit of spit and polish from a year at PSV I wouldn’t value him much less.

I always forget about Godfrey.

Could easily shift on Holgate and Keane and have 4 very adept centre halves there.
Under Dyche thankfully the days of 5ft 10” centre backs who can’t head a ball or dominate the edge of the box are gone. Can’t see Holgate or Godfrey getting much of a chance under him.

The time being spent in Holland is clearly of huge benefit to JB. However, as with other players we must be aware of the gulf in standards between the two leagues.
Another loan to a different league such as the Bundesliga next season might also be a help in rounding him off as a player.

If he thinks he can sort out Godfrey's defensive shortcomings he may keep him as he offers the pace we otherwise don't have. Or he might even sell him and keep Keane as a back-up. I don't mind Keane as a back-up again though Dyche needs to get him confident as he seems to suffer massively from imposter syndrome.

JB should be partnering Tarks next season.

Reject all offers south of 60m. He’s 20, he’s only going to get considerably better. Reckon he’s a proper Dyche player.

Depends what league we`re in.

If we`re relegated, there`s no way we`re turning big offers down for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.