Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he was given the first couple of games, didn't make an impression and hasn't been handed a league start since.

These kids won't be given 5/6 games to acclimatise, they get one chance, maybe 2 max to nail down a spot otherwise it's back to the bench or not in the squad at all.

Only Astley, Virginia and Warrington have completely nailed down their places and Dobbin is doing well and Branthwaite is getting minutes

Gibson only just back fit so hopefully we see him starting to get minutes, Nkounkou looks like hes settling down, Broadhead in and out of the Wigan team, Simms been injured for a while and Onyangos loan probably going the worst out of all of them so far.
A great summary mate . I’ve lost track of Harry Tyrer , he started well at Chester , not sure how he’s progressed. I was disappointed that he went down as low as National League North, but that’s the dilema, clubs are wary of young players without any mens team experience particularly goalkeepers.

A great summary mate . I’ve lost track of Harry Tyrer , he started well at Chester , not sure how he’s progressed. I was disappointed that he went down as low as National League North, but that’s the dilema, clubs are wary of young players without any mens team experience particularly goalkeepers.

10 games, 13 conceded, 3 clean sheets.

I'd say that's decent. NL North is obviously worlds away from the PL but he will get an utter beating from set pieces in that league which can only help.

10 games, 13 conceded, 3 clean sheets.

I'd say that's decent. NL North is obviously worlds away from the PL but he will get an utter beating from set pieces in that league which can only help.
Decent indeed, we know from the likes of Virginia that a couple of goalkeeping errors and they’re out. Tyrer at 20 has time to move up the leagues and next year a League1/ League 2 club may be prepared to take him on loan /permanently if he’s survived a bit of a battering in NL North.

Decent indeed, we know from the likes of Virginia that a couple of goalkeeping errors and they’re out. Tyrer at 20 has time to move up the leagues and next year a League1/ League 2 club may be prepared to take him on loan /permanently if he’s survived a bit of a battering in NL North.

I'd like to think he could be 2nd choice here in a few years if he carries on. Considering we have a million keepers in the 21's/18's who are all dreadful and Begovic/Lonergan knocking on.

A nice piece on Lewis Dobbin in the Clubs What the Papers say section:

Elsewhere, The Derby Telegraph puts the spotlight on Everton forward Lewin Dobbin, who scored his first goal for loan club Derby County this week.

Journalist Leigh Curtis writes: "Lewis Dobbin's first goal since arriving on loan from Everton was beautifully constructed and ruthlessly finished. Derby fans have consistently seen flashes of his quality in his performances this season but the end product has not been quite there.

"But having finally got off the mark last night in such impressive fashion would have done his confidence the power of good. There's no question that Dobbin has all the attributes you would want from a forward player.

"He's quick, he's a good size, he's got excellent feet and his runs in behind demonstrate his intelligence. You can see why Everton are excited by him because all the parts are there. The challenge now, after opening his account, is making sure there is consistency to match."

Yes mate a league up would have been ideal but as @Nymzee says, he'll be getting a pasting in the non league and learning the hard way. I think Pickford had about 4 loans and started right at the bottom of the pyramid didn't he so maybe he had a word in his ear.

I like Tyrer though, I think he's got all the attributes to be a decent keeper.

@Sona and @atrottel do the hard work mate and give great round ups every week on how they're doing ?
I pretty much gave it up this season after a few years of updates and was hoping someone would take it on, so many thanks to @Sona for his work. Just a few updates from me on the younger guys on foreign loans if I can pick up any foreign language stuff that hasn't already been covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.