Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen enough of him at senior level at Preston to be honest mate, but take your word for it, the fans and his manager seem to love him, to be fair Simms and Maupay themselves did well in the Championship.

That's a cracking goal by the lad though, real centre forwards goal.
Certainly looks the part, I watched him in Australia ad he did ok

….he’s better than Maupay and he’s better than Simms. Maupay and Simms are at Everton, Cannon is on-loan at Preston.

Thelwell incompetence.
It really isn’t Thelwell incompetence, it’s the opposite. Personally I thought the step up from u21s to the championship was ambitious for Cannon, let alone aiming to have him as a PL striker with so little senior football experience. I thought he’d struggle for minutes in the championship and the fact he (and Thelwell, who presumably made the final decision) have proved me wrong is welcome.

Let’s not go overboard on him though, he’s got 3 in 11 there, Simms was going at a higher rate at Sunderland and Maupay got 25 in 43 at that level. He’s on the right track though, and that’s what loans are for.

Tom Cannon in the Ireland U21 squad, I tbought he might have made the full squad myself.

20230315_125512.jpg

A bad day at the office for Tom Cannon. 90 minutes but a 4-0 defeat for Preston at Middlesbrough.

90 minutes but a 2-0 home defeat for Lewis Gibson's Bristol Rovers at home to Portsmouth.

Lewis Warrington played the whole match for Fleetwood as they beat Derby 2-0 away. Lewis Dobbin came on for Derby after 62 minutes with his team already 2 down.

A good 2-0 away win for Lille at Toulouse. André Gomes played the full game.

Niels Nkounkou got an another assist as St Etienne came from 2 down to draw 2-2 at Le Havre in Ligue 2.

Dele Alli not in the squad for Besiktas as promised by his coach earlier in the week. I wonder what percentage of his wages we are paying.

A bad day at the office for Tom Cannon. 90 minutes but a 4-0 defeat for Preston at Middlesbrough.

90 minutes but a 2-0 home defeat for Lewis Gibson's Bristol Rovers at home to Portsmouth.

Lewis Warrington played the whole match for Fleetwood as they beat Derby 2-0 away. Lewis Dobbin came on for Derby after 62 minutes with his team already 2 down.

A good 2-0 away win for Lille at Toulouse. André Gomes played the full game.

Niels Nkounkou got an another assist as St Etienne came from 2 down to draw 2-2 at Le Havre in Ligue 2.

Dele Alli not in the squad for Besiktas as promised by his coach earlier in the week. I wonder what percentage of his wages we are paying.
Know it's a much lower level but he is really starting to put up the attacking numbers. There's no way he's good enough defensively to be a PL left back, particularly under Dyche, but Dyche might fancy him as a LM who is capable of a decent amount of defensive work?

Status
Not open for further replies.